Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Stay away from him!" Montroya snarls, divine lightning emerging from his staff. His anger at the zombie moving closer to the commoner lets his attack go wide once again.

[sblock=Actions]Divine bolt the zombie again. Miss...again. Same thing...divine bolts (1d20+4=6, 1d6+6=11) Gotcha on the hp, I probably just mistyped. Thanks.[/sblock]

[sblock=Montroya]
Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 15/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/8(6)
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral fire

Summon Angel of Fire

*+1 to defenses against bloodied enemies[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Taking stock of the situation, Andrek rushes to the open walkway between the stands. Seeing a clear shot, he draws one of the slender javelins strapped to his back and lets fly.

[sblock=actions]Move action: 5 squares east to P15
Minor Action; Draw Javelin
Standard Action; Ranged Basic Attack: Javelin Vs. last zombie (1d20+6,1d6+4=[18, 6], [6, 4])
[/sblock]

[sblock=mal]Note: as I have only 2 hands, it is presumed that I'm dropping my sword as I draw the Javelin, which is a free action.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The last zombie falls under Andrec's javelin.

A nearby child fearfully looks at the heroes from under the table, wondering if the violence is over. All around, the civilians are tentatively moving back toward the market. A few people have stated cheering the heroes of the day while others are wailing for the deceased.

[sblock=Fight is over]
The last zombie has been killed.

Tomorrow is my busiest day so I likely won't be able to update. Use the time for some pure RP post because your PC haven't been formally introduced to each other...

Then there is the unconscious herder to rouse and interrogate.

And I need to finish the next map. This went pretty fast by PBP standards...
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Andrec scoops up his sword as he begins walking, slowly, toward the group of people south of him. Wiping off the sword blade on a fallen zombie's tattered clothing, he sheaths the sword and slings his shield over his back again, approaching empty-handed.

Placing one foot on the last zombie to fall, he wrenches the javelin from its corpse, and wipes off the ooze. "Is everybody alright?" His voice, not raised in combat, is rather quiet, and suits his features, which seem rather bland. Even the Chainmail and weapons don't look so unusual in a city like Daunton.

powerofbaka

First Post
After the zombie in front of him falls Tor looks around for any more creatures just in time to see the others converge on the last one and kill it. Visibly relaxing as his features seem to return to normal he sheathes his long swords and begins to walk towards the group of combatants.

As he approaches Tor can not help but notice that it looks like several others had a tough fight as well, arriving moments after Andrec and just in time to hear his question. "Well fought my friends" he says as he looks around making sure noone is too badly injured before turning to Andrec "And thank you for the help."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya leans on his staff, catching his breath. He says a brief prayer to Apoli for having the tenacity to withstand the zombie dog's rotting bite. Surveying the carnage around them, the deva goes to the side of those that fell in the battle, wishing them well on their way and closing their eyes.

The invoker approaches the swordmage and the shifter who came to his aid. "Thank you, I owe you my life. If not for your arrival, I surely would be a victim of this carnage. I am Montroya"

[sblock=ooc]How are we going to handle the healing? Are we going to wait for Andrec's powers to recharge, so we can gain the extra 1d6? I'm a surge and a half down, and I'd rather not waste the extra hp.

Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 15/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/8(6)
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral fire
Summon Angel of Fire

*+1 to defenses against bloodied enemies [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Jarel-karn. And you owe me nothing." tells the swordmage. He stares around, to take a first look at the situation with a clear mind. He spots the corpse of a few person, killed by the zombies. Bad memories of his childhood in the Valley of Bones come back in mind. "I'm alright." he tells to Andrec. "But we can't say so much for some others. Those zombie just killed a few people. Where is the necromancer who created them. I'll show him how we handle his kind in the Valley of Bones."

[SBLOCK=OOC]If Andrec has some encounter power left that allow healing, he can use them before the short rest. If we wait him to recharge, every power he will use after the short rest will be probably taken from the next encounter, and we really want him to have all the healing power he can at the start of a combat.[/SBLOCK]

Stringbean2142

First Post
As the last zombie fell, Mesa sighed with relief that the extremely unwelcome surprise was finally over. Stumbling over to a nearby vendor's booth, he pulled two finely-woven clothes from the table. The first he used to wipe the vomit from his mouth, while with the second he tied off a simple bandage over his wounded leg.

It seemed those like him who had fought were converging near where the last zombie had fallen, so he walked over to the group. As he walked, he limped slightly and his more animalistic features began fading away. His father had always called the time after a shift "caging the Beast," and told him the difference between those shifters that had gone feral and those like his own family was the ability to cage the raging beast that lived within every shifter's heart.

By the time he had crossed the short distance to the gathering group, his features were back to normal and his smile was back. "My name's Mesa. Pleased to meet all of ye." He looked around at the carnage, some caused by the zombies and some caused by the collection of people around him. Nudging a dead zombie with his foot, he said, "Remind me never to get on yer bad sides. Ye all seem quite capable of violence when needed." He nudged the zombie again, and part of its arm fell off, remnants of one of the others' blades. "Quite capable."

Shaking his head ruefully, he looked back at the others. "Now, how do a dozen zombies and their canine companion get into the middle of a crowd without anyone noticing? Why wouldn't they hit the crowd from the side? Unfortunately, I wasn't here before the attack started; me and him were discussing apartments when the screams started." He hooked a thump at Montroya. "Any of ye see something before the attack?"

[sblock=OOC]How long do we expect investigating and RPing to take? If it's longer than ten minutes, we could always take two short rests. For me, I don't need the extra that much. Three surges gets me back up to darn near full, since I'm right now at my surge value in hit points. so if y'all want the two rests, that's fine, but I'm ok with just the one.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya looks over his griffon-hide armor for holes. Seeing one on his leg where the dog had pulled him down, he shook his head. "I'll need to see a tailor I guess."

Mesa said:
"Remind me never to get on yer bad sides. Ye all seem quite capable of violence when needed."

"When confronted with creatures of evil, creatures of undeath, the only solution is violence. They have no will besides that to kill and cause suffering for the living. Apoli wishes their destruction, and his wish is my duty."

[sblock=ooc]Well, if we are going to iterrogate the captive(when it's pointed out), that will take time. Two short rests are possible I would think.[/sblock]

Remove ads