Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stepping away from the zombie once again, Montroya smiles. Apoli has tested them, and they would be victorious. "Apoli's light shall pierce your bodies and return you to your rest!" Holding his staff parallel to the ground, and speaking in an ancient tongue, daggers of light appear next to the undead. The daggers strike at the undead, the hound once again dodging, but the zombie is pierced by the radiant blade. The weapons fade away, only to become a shield that hovers in front of Jarel-karn.

[sblock=Actions]
Shift to W20. Use blades of Astral fire. Miss hound, hit zombie. 14 damage with vulnerability. blades of astral fire against h and z (1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=12, 1d6+4=9)

Jarel-karn gains +5 to AC until the end of my next turn.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Montroya
Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 13/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/8(6)
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral fire

Summon Angel of Fire

*+1 to defenses against bloodied enemies[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Has Enworld been down? I couldn't get on the last two days. Got back from a Peter Frampton concert and all was dead.

Also, I'm now chilling at the beach for the week, stealing wireless internet. My posting will be erratic, but I'll update daily.[/sblock]

Matlal sees the other warriors fighting all around him, but with a screaming civilian to either side he knows his best course of action is to continue to keep this particular fiend occupied. "Jus' ja an' I, deadie." He grins and presses in with his spear, but doesn't manage to connect.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Howling Strike on Zombie@Q24 (1d20+6=10, 1d10+1d6+4=10)[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OA vs Tor]OA vs 15 (1d20+6=8, 2d6+2=5) miss[/sblock]

The hounds is harassed on all side and with its vicious animal instinct it attacks the growling beast standing next to it and his teeths sinks in Mesa's thigh.

The zombies continue to single mindedly engage the last person to have hurt them and their relentless efforst payoff.

[sblock]vs Mesa AC 16 (1d20+7=23, 1d6+3=7) hit, ongoing necrotic 5, prone

1: Tor 2:Matlal 3: Montroya (1d20+6=20, 2d6+2=12, 1d20+6=18, 2d6+2=7, 1d20+6=21, 2d6+2=4) Tor Hit, Matlal hit, Montroya hit (despite marked and bloodied) but damage wholly negated by Jarel's Aegis
[/sblock]

Zombies and Crooks on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Status]

Zombie at I17: 0/40, Bloodied
Zombie at J11: 0/40, dead
Zombie at W21: 6/40, bloodied
Zombie at Q24: 29/40 Marked (Jarel)
Zombie at J15: 28/40

Gravehound : 5/54 bloodied, slowed

Andrec : 14/22 [5]
Jarel Karn: 37 +2 /37 [11] AP +5 AC
Matlal : 31 +1 /31 [11] AP
Mesa : 16 (11)/26 [9] Beast Form, ongoing 5 necrotic (save ends), prone
Montroya : 15/24 [7]
Tor : 12/31 [8] bloodied

Zombie Minion
Perception : 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Immune disease, poison
OA: Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other zombie.

Zombie
Perception 10
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA : Slam (Standard, at-will)
+6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.

Gravehound
Senses Perception 11
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 12, Will 11
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA: Bite (Standard, at-will) Necrotic
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d6+3 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends) and is knocked prone if it is Medium size or smaller.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think that attack knocks me prone as well, right? So ongoing 5 puts me at bloodied, and I'm on the ground. I don't like this dog anymore...[/sblock]

Mesa roared again, this time in pain, as the gravehound's head came forward and latched onto his thigh. It felt as though some of the unnatural energy keeping the undead animal moving leaked into his bleeding wound, and his knees buckled under him.

Quickly regaining his feet, Mesa lashed out at the gravehound with his claws. Propelled by his pain, his animal nature, and his desire to free the tortured spirit trapped within that decaying body, his claws struck true and hard, ripping out the beast's throat and spraying black blood in an arc. It was too much for the undead creature, and the magic maintaining it gave out.

Mesa released his Beast Form and staggered back, exhausted from the brutual fight he'd just finished. There were other fights going on around him still, but he took a moment to collect himself, hand holding onto the throbbing wound on his thigh. It showed no sign of stopping, and blood covered the left leg of his thick hide clothing.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Stand up.
Standard Action: Grasping Claws on Gravehound. 1d20+4=13,1d8+4=11
Minor Action: Beast Form Undone. Shift Granted to U18.
Free Action: Save vs. Necrotic Damage. 1d20=8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mesa stat block]Mesa- Male Razorclaw Shifter Druid 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:11(6)/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Ongoing 5 Necrotic Damage

OA
Shifter Form: +1 vs. AC, 1d4+1
Beast Form: +4 vs. REF, 1d8+4, and target is slowed TENT

Powers
Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike, Chill Wind
Razorclaw Shifting, Cull the Herd
Fires of Life
[/sblock]

powerofbaka

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Sorry this is a real quick post but I have to leave for work and will not be able to post again till late tonight so I just wanted to get it out of the way now. [/sblock]

Zoning in on the zombie before him Tor focuses only on it as he feels his feral rage take over his posture slumps and his teeth seem to grow as he becomes more like an animal.

[sblock= action]

Minor action= Mark as hunter's quarry
Downgrade move to minor= Longtooth shifting

Standard action = twin strike
1d20+9=13, 1d20+9=29Damage= 1st attack +Hunter's quarry
1d8+2=5, 1d8=6
I did not roll the second one since it is a crit so max damage on that one (8 +2 for my longtooth shifting)

Hooray some real damage this turn :) [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn charge his sword and launch a bolt of lightning to the zombie near him. He drags the corpse who fall apart at his feet. Jarel-karn, seeing another zombie fighting against Matlal, move next to him and mark the undead. "Keep fighting for the moment, I'm warding you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard: Ligthning Lure on Zombie (1d20+6=16, 1d6+6=12)
Move: Move to P22
Minor Mark Zombie Q24[/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
Exchanging hasty blows with the zombie, andrec manages to monopolize it's attentions, though doing no real damage itself. Their vain swipes at each other offer Tor a chance to take a large chunk out of it's back, and the zombie is reeling. Shouting encouragement to his ally, Andrec prepares to finish off the abomination and move to reinforce those fighting elsewhere in the square.

[sblock=action]Standard Action: Brash Assault on J15.
Brash Assault on Zombie (1d20+7,1d8+4=[1, 7], [8, 4])
Assuming zombie takes the opportunity; Melee Basic
4 damage zombie attack (1d20+7=9)
Tor's Melee Basic:
Tor's melee basic vs. zombie (1d20+8,1d8+4=[6, 8], [7, 4]) (Plus the CA, which I again forgot, and the +1 from Lend Might, is 17, but is a hit either way. I believe the zombie is at 2 hp.)
Move Action: Not used
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Tor
Inspiring Word on Tor (1d6+7=10)[/sblock]

Tor uses 1 healing surge and recieves 10hp

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Andrec]You have already used 2 inspiring words, you are out.

Also, it's not 4 damage (those were for the minions), it's 2d6+2...

But it's all good, you were missed and now the Zombie is dead. It had only 7 HP left after Baka's action.
[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
Matlal takes a blow from the zombie, but fueled by his savage fury as it was he didn't seem to take any lasting harm. He pulls his spear back to lay on a final assault against his foe... and fails miserably in the ensuing strike. He shouts his recognition to Andrec's aid, "I ain' goin' nowhere."

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Howling Strike Vs Zombie@Q24 (1d20+6=8, 1d10+1d6+4=9)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Matlal Stats]
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 31/31, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/11
Temporary Hit Points 1
Speed 6 (+2 on charge), Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Encounter Powers: Great Cleave, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage

Condition: -
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=mal]Oops. I only remembered the one I used on myself. Thanks for double-checking my math. I thought Tor only dealt 10 damage. I gotta say, this is my first pbp game, but I'm really pleased with your DM'ing.[sblock]

Remove ads