Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

powerofbaka

First Post
Seeing the others Tor knew he needed to finish the zombie in front of him and try to help them out but this one seemed to be more stubborn then he anticipated. He quickly realizes he left his guard down as he refocuses on his opponent just in time to see the attack coming.

Tor grunts in pain as he feels the zombie connect, throwing him off balance making him miss again with his first swing. His second blade catches the zombie once again.

[sblock=actions]

Standard action= Twin Strike
To hit:
Roll Lookup
Damage:
Roll Lookup

Sadly the dice seem to hate me today. [/sblock]

[sblock=Tor's stats]
Tor- Male Longtooth Shifter Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Twin Strike, Hit and run
Longtooth Shifting, Two Fanged Strike
Sudden Strike
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=clarification]How did the zombie move me to I11?[/sblock]

Though Andrec's eyes widen at the brutal deaths of innocent civilians, he steels his resolve and throws himself into a brash strike of retribution, though leaving himself open to a near-fatal blow from the zombie. Though his wounds are severe, Andrec turns with intensity towards the other nearby zombie, redoubling his will as the point of Matial's spear erupts from the dead flesh in his enemy's chest. Clearly the zombie should never have turned his back to the savage warrior.

[sblock=actions]Standard Action; Second Wind (Regain 5 HP, +2 to all defenses until end of his next turn.)
Action Point/Standard Action; Brash Assault against zombie @j11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2166399/
4+7=11. If Andrec is in I11, I have combat advantage, thus the attack hits. If at I12, no combat advantage, attack misses. 10 Damage if it hit.
Effect; The zombie gets an attack with combat advantage;
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2166414/
12+6+2=20, hit. 4+4+2=10 damage.
Matial gets a free attack on zombie, melee basic with +1 to hit and combat advantage;
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2166420/
16+6=22 hit (+1 i forgot to add in, which turns out to be irrelevant). 10+4=14 damage
Minor action; Inspiring Word (Andrec; regain 1d6+5 hp)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2166400/
Move Action: Shift back into I12 to pin down the zombie in I13
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Andrec
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 17 (Currently 19), Fort: 16(18), Reflex: 14(16), Will: 13(15), Speed: 5
HP: 12/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5. Surges Left: 5/7
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers
Commander's Strike, Brash Assault, Opening Shove
Inspiring Word, Battle Awareness, Hammer and Anvil (will be replaced as soon as I can get approval for Diabolic Stratagem)
Concentrated Attack

Zombie takes 14 or 24 damage, depending on where I am standing. If it attacks Matial in the next round, I get an OA via Battle Awareness.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think I might wait until the DM clarifies the result of Andrec's turn. Also, if Andrec hits it'll kill the zombie, so not really much use for my free basic attack (except for making it extra-dead). Does Matlal's free attack take place even if Andrec misses?

Also, if Andrec does hit, that zombie doesn't even get the combat advantage attack, once again, because it'd be dead (only had 9 health left).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I think I might wait until the DM clarifies the result of Andrec's turn. Also, if Andrec hits it'll kill the zombie, so not really much use for my free basic attack (except for making it extra-dead). Does Matlal's free attack take place even if Andrec misses?

Also, if Andrec does hit, that zombie doesn't even get the combat advantage attack, once again, because it'd be dead (only had 9 health left).

Oops. I misread that, thought I had the 15hp one. Oh, well. If the attack hits, it hits, and good. If not, you finish it off. Either way he dies, and I could use the healing, and no one else in range has taken damage...

As to your question; no. You only get the attack if it attacks me, which as you pointed out, it cannot do if dead. So the only thing that changes based on position, is Andrec's hit points, putting him at full if we had flanking, and at 12 if we did not. But I don't remember moving into the square I am shown as being in, so it's a DM judgement call.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Working on the assumption that the zombie is dead.[/sblock]

With a curt nod to Andrec for their display of teamwork he suddenly charges off in the direction of several screaming civilians. He comes up to a shuffling zombie that he lunges at once with the momentum of his run, but misses. He sidesteps and stabs out with his spear once more, this time connecting. As the zombie crumples to the ground he begins running towards the Montroya and his struggle with the gravehound and zombie. He yells obscene things at the undead, since he can't cross the distance in time to attack. " 'Ey Deadie, ja **** motha ****** upstream wit' a **** crocodile an' ja came out, hah!"

Something might have been lost in translation there.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Charge to M17, Howling Strike Vs Zombie Minion@M18 12 Vs AC14 Miss
Action Point: Standard: Pressing Strike Vs Zombie Minion@M18, shift to N18, 26 Vs AC14 Minion Killed
Free: Athletics to jump table 22 Vs DC 15
Move: S22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Matlal Stats]
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 31/31, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/11
Temporary Hit Points 8
Speed 6 (+2 on charge), Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Encounter Powers: Great Cleave, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage

Condition: -
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Matlal]Mesa blew up the minion at M18 on his turn! As I said, you have to check what your buddies are doing. Or post first and let them worry about it! There was a minion at N13 so I basically had you perform the same moves but against that minion instead and so you move just a bit shy of S22[/sblock]

[sblock=Andrec]Andrec is at I11 because, silly me, I didn't read properly your previous post.

I just read 'Shift' and 'Commander's strike' and immediately assumed you were shifting to flank without bothering to note where I12 actually was... my bad.

Also, the Zombie who attacked you previous round obviously had to move to I12 for that so you are both in melee already.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jarel-Karn]In one of those 'oops' retcon I have the secret of, the minion you charged was already dead because Mesa didn't actually miss on his previous attack.

But hey, your rolled missed anyway and it looks like Montroya and Mesa do need some help so I kept the general direction of movement.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Montroya]You have Astral blade marked off. I believe it's a mistake or else I have no idea when you used it...[/sblock]

[sblock=Rolls]Some of you choose pretty weird link for your roll!

Choose the BBCode (the last one).

I'd much rather see this :

1d8=5, 1d8=1
[/sblock]

The zombies assaulting Andrec and Tor resume their inept tendencies and fail to incommodate the warriors.

[sblock]
vs Tor AC 15, vs Andrec AC 17 (1d20+6=11, 2d6+2=12, 1d20+6=10, 2d6+2=6)
[/sblock]

The savage hound's attention has been drawn by the druid and he viciously attacks but Mesa's wiles allow him to dodge.

[sblock]
vs Mesa AC 16 (1d20+7=8, 1d6+3=4)[/sblock]

The zombie dazed from Montroya's assault charge mindlessly forward, seeking revenge and failing to get it.
[sblock]
vs Montroya AC 19 (1d20+6=14, 2d6+2=7)

Uh, that was a miserable turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=status & stats]

Zombie at I17: 9/40, Bloodied
Zombie at J11: 0/40, dead
Zombie at W23: 25/40. dazed (t'il EN)
Gravehound : 28/54

Andrec : 22/22 [5] +2 defences (t'il EN)
Jarel Karn: 37 +2 /37 [11] AP
Matlal : 31 +8 /31 [11] AP
Mesa : 23/26 [9] Beast Form
Montroya : 15/24 [7] +2 defences (t'il EN)
Tor : 23/31 [8]

Zombie Minion
Perception : 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Immune disease, poison
OA: Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other zombie.

Zombie
Perception 10
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA : Slam (Standard, at-will)
+6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.

Gravehound
Senses Perception 11
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 12, Will 11
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA: Bite (Standard, at-will) Necrotic
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d6+3 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends) and is knocked prone if it is Medium size or smaller.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa dodged aside, the gravehound's fangs crashing together only a few inches away from his bared arm. He laughed, his dodge carrying him back and to the left, away from the innocent beside him. "That's right, ye beast, follow me. Ignore the poor woman over there."

Out of range momentarily, he raised his eyes to the heavens. "Now, to keep ye interested in juicy me..." Again his will reached out, and lightning fell from the sky on his enemy. The energy exploded all around the gravehound, but none touched it.

"Ok," Mesa said, "claws and teeth, then." He spoke a sharp word and again the panther was on the field of battle.

[sblock=Actions]And my first natural one comes up!

Move Action: Shift to U18
Standard Action: Storm Spike on the Gravehound, versus Reflex. 1d20+4 = 5, 1d8+4= 11
Minor Action: Beast Form

Mesa is in Beast Form[/sblock]

[sblock=Mesa's Combat Stats]
Mesa- Male Razorclaw Shifter Druid 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:23/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9

OA
Shifter Form: +1 vs. AC, 1d4+1
Beast Form: +4 vs. REF, 1d8+4, and target is slowed TENT

Powers
Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike, Chill Wind
Razorclaw Shifting, Cull the Herd
Fires of Life[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=My Bad]I had something legal the first time I think, but that undead turning into a civilian got twisted up, it's all good though.[/sblock]

Matlal sees a zombie coming out from his right and suddenly skids in his tracks. The undead ahead seemed to be rather occupied by the other combatants at the moment, and from experience fighting undead he knew it was better that they be engaged where they can't catch anyone off guard. He planted his boots in the ground and charged towards the reanimated corpse. His edge of his spear sweeped through the zombie flesh, given extra might from his Orcish blood.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Charge to Q23, Howling Strike on Zombie at Q25 (1d20+6+1=21, 1d10+1d6+4=6)
Free: Furious Assault (1d10=5)[/sblock]

[sblock=Matlal Stats]
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 31/31, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/11
Temporary Hit Points 8
Speed 6 (+2 on charge), Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Encounter Powers: Great Cleave, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage

Condition: -
[/sblock]

Last edited:

powerofbaka

First Post
fWith two more swings Tor manages to connect with each but only grazes the abomination before him. Tor had obviously underestimated whatever foul magic had brought the abomination into existence...

The fact that the zombie still stood before him was frustrating him, with a low growl he prepares to finish the zombie off with his next attack
[sblock=actions]

Standard action= Twin strike
1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=18

1d8=3, 1d8=2, 1d8=2Lol I just can't seem to kill this zombie... [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Tor- Male Longtooth Shifter Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Powers
Twin Strike, Hit and run