Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Tomalak

First Post
Andrec watches Matial race across the square with a whispered "merde!" Turning to consider the remaining zombie over raised shield, he retreats a few feet as it advances upon him. Suddenly Andrec surges forward, throwing his weights against his shield and forcing the zombie back. Pointing at the genasi on the other side of the square with his weapon, he cries "Try to get behind that big one!"
Having put the zombie off-ballance, he races around it towards where another of the few resisting members of the crowd is facing off against a zombie alone.

[sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Opening Shove on Zombie at I12.
Opening Shove at Zombie @I12. No damage roll. (1d20+7=23)
Push the zombie away. Is a push limited to only the square directly opposite, or can I push into a diagonal? If I can, he goes into H13. Otherwise, I13. Either way, Jarel-Karn Shifts 2 squares.
Move Action: Move toward the zombie at I17 without provoking OA. This puts me at J16 if the answer to my question was yes, or J15 otherwise.[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Andrec
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 17 , Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 13, Speed: 5
HP: 22/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5. Surges Left: 5/7
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Used
Powers
Commander's Strike, Brash Assault, Opening Shove
Inspiring Word, Battle Awareness, Hammer and Anvil (will be replaced as soon as I can get approval for Diabolic Stratagem)
Concentrated Attack[/sblock]

[sblock=formatting]Thanks for pointing out that link. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn moves behind the Hound. "Neeed help?" he asks Mesa. His body starts to make static spark but the hound, no more in contact with Mesa, have turned his attention toward the Genasi and successfully avoid the blow.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: move to U21

Standard:Ligtning Clash vs. Hound, Secondary vs. Zombie (1d20+9=12, 2d8+6=14, 1d20+9=15, 1d8+1d6+9=21)

Damned... I needed that flanking for combat advantage to touch. You would expect a +9 would easily hit a AC14... nooooo. :(

Minor: Mark the Hound[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yup, I crossed it off on accident.
[/sblock]
Seeing others coming to their aid, Montroya steps back away from the zombie, and raises his staff. Electricity arcs from the heavens, striking the end of his staff, and forking at the pair of undead! The hound dodged the bolt, but the zombie takes it full force.

[sblock=Actions]Shift to W21 and attack H and Z with divine bolts. Miss hound with a 9. Hit zombie, with a 22 for 5 lightning damage. divine bolts vs hound and Z (1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=22, 1d6+4=8, 1d6+4=5)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Montroya
Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 13/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/8(6)
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead

Blades of Astral fire
Summon Angel of Fire

*+1 to defenses against bloodied enemies
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Tomalak]Opening shove would grant an ally free shift on your turn. Since it is impractical to wait for the other player to state where he wants to move, you need to state yourself where you are shifting the ally. And they'll have to trust your judgement!

To make sure your allies realize the shift has occured maybe you should post something off spoiler tag at the end ot the post like

Jarel Karn has shifted to V12

otherwise I suspect some people are gonna fail to notice and take it into account.
[/sblock]

The zombies, singleminded that they are, keep attacking the nearest adversary. Alone near the staties, Andrec and Tor start to feel the heat.

[sblock]
1:Andrec 2:Tor 3:Montroya 4:Matlal* (1d20+6=23, 2d6+2=8, 1d20+6=25, 2d6+2=9, 1d20+6=12, 2d6+2=6, 1d20+6=15, 2d6+2=12)Andrec hit, Tor hit, Montroya Missed, Matlal miss

*if you check the link you will see I mistakenly wrote Jarel-Karn. He is in contact with the hound, not the zombie, my mistake[/sblock]

The hound finds a new adversary and focus on Jarel but he wards off the attacks.

[sblock]
vs AC 21 (1d20+7=14, 1d6+3=4)[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

Zombie at I17: 2/40, Bloodied
Zombie at J11: 0/40, dead
Zombie at W23: 20/40, bloodied
Zombie at Q24: 29/40

Gravehound : 28/54

Andrec : 14/22 [5]
Jarel Karn: 37 +2 /37 [11] AP
Matlal : 31 +8 /31 [11] AP
Mesa : 23/26 [9] Beast Form
Montroya : 15/24 [7]
Tor : 15/31 [8] bloodied

Zombie Minion
Perception : 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Immune disease, poison
OA: Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other zombie.

Zombie
Perception 10
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA : Slam (Standard, at-will)
+6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.

Gravehound
Senses Perception 11
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 12, Will 11
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA: Bite (Standard, at-will) Necrotic
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d6+3 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends) and is knocked prone if it is Medium size or smaller.
[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa grinned (well, as much as a panther can grin) as the genasi swordsman drew the gravehound's attention. Lunging forward, his claws bit deep into the gravehounds flank, carving away decaying flesh and hobbling the undead beast slightly. A blackish liquid flowed out of the wound, and after a moment Mesa realized it was the creature's coagulated blood, long since gone bad in its dead veins.

He wished he could talk with those fighting around him, try and gather the zombies together so that he could buffet them with lightning and icy winds, but as a panther he could only roar. He did so, reveling in the fight at hand.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Shift to U19.
Standard Action: Grasping Claws +4 vs. Reflex. 1d20+4+2 = 14, 1d8+4=12. Max damage (!) and the Gravehound is slowed until the end of my next turn.
Minor Action: Nothing, maintaining the flank for Jarel.

Mesa is in Beast Form.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mesa stat block]Mesa- Male Razorclaw Shifter Druid 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:23/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used

OA
Shifter Form: +1 vs. AC, 1d4+1
Beast Form: +4 vs. REF, 1d8+4, and target is slowed TENT

Powers
Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike, Chill Wind
Razorclaw Shifting, Cull the Herd
Fires of Life
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn swing at the hound, and that time, hit him easily. A faint sound of thunder seems to come form the hound, as if he would explode. He then move his mark toward the zombie, as the hound would pay the price if he try to move away from him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]StandardBooming Blade vs. Hound (1d20+9+2=21, 1d8+6=11). If the hound starts its turn adjacent to me and move away from me during his turn, he take 1d6+3 damage.

Minor: Mark the zombie at W23[/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
Running swiftly around the statue, the zombie behind him on his heels, Andrec reaches his target barreling headlong behind his sword. Without a moment's thought for the fallen foe, he throws himself backwards, checking his momentum and moving around the zombie chasing him, which takes a swipe out of andrek as he passes. Getting his shield up into a fighting stance, Andrec yells to the bloodied warrior "You're not alone. These things are no match for us if we work together!"

[sblock=actions]Standard: Brash Assault vs. I17 (1d20+7,1d8+4=[17, 7], [4, 4]) (Zombie Dies)
Move: Shift to square K15.
Minor: Inspiring Word on Tor (1d6=2) +Surge Value
[/sblock]

Tor gains 9 hp

[sblock=Mal_malenkirk]Duly noted.[/sblock]

Last edited:

powerofbaka

First Post
He his just about to assault the zombie in front of him when the newcomer comes to his aid. Giving a nod as he hears his ally's advice "Thanks" is all he says as he quickly makes his way to the other side of the zombie that followed him. Missing with his first swing his second attack seems like a solid hit cutting deeply into the undead's body

[sblock=action]

Move action= moves to I 15 to flank the zombie (He should get an OA against me)

Standard action+ Twin strike
1d20+7=8, 1d20+7=11
I forgot to add + 2 for flanking into the roll so the 11 is a 13 which should barely be a hit.

1d8=4, 1d8=8

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]

Tor- Male Longtooth Shifter Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Twin Strike, Hit and run
Longtooth Shifting, Two Fanged Strike
Sudden Strike

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Baka]I think you forgot the 'f' in 'Shift'... :lol:

More to the point; you just attacked a zombie that andrec already killed.

Also, you are bloodied. So... you know. What does a shifter do when bloodied?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

powerofbaka

First Post
[sblock=Mal] Yeah I did forget the F and yes he ninja'd me in posting :) Lol I am editing my previous post to make more sense. sorry about that [/sblock]

Remove ads