Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=We're back!]Awesome. Downtime is over.[/sblock]
Andrec hauls himself out of the hole and hustles over to the cluster of people in the square. Taking the kid gently by the shoulder, Andrec passes something into his hand, and says "get out of town. Make for one of the Near Lands and don't look back." Before giving a gentle push, Andrec takes the prod.
Turning to the others, he says "The kid's not gonna cause trouble, and someone's gotta take care of this Rinch."
[sblock=Actions]Andrec presses a few coins into the kid's hands in a mostly stealthy manner, enough to get two people to a near island and cover a room for a short while.. I'm assuming 3g unless you tell me otherwise.[/sblock]
Turning toward the square's exit, Andrec says quietly "this isn't a job, or an assignment, and I have no authority over you. But decide quickly whether you will come with me, or you may arrive too late." Without waiting for a response, he breaks into a well-paced run towards the hospital.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]Streetwise? That's an interesting skill to use here.
Anyway, Athletics roll: Athletics check (1d20+8=11)[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya listens to the boy's speech. Feeling ashamed at his words, he lowers his gaze. What is happening to me...Why do I feel such rage?

When the teen mentions The Heart of Darkness, the deva's gaze rises to meet the boy's.

[sblock=Arcana and Religion on The Heart of Darkness]Arcana: 26; Religion: 23; arcana; religion on Heart of Darkness (1d20+9=26, 1d20+11=23)
[/sblock]

Seeing Andrec race off towards the hospital, Montroya decides that it is Apoli's will that he be here to experience this. He races after the others, calling out, "Keep to the nearby roads as much as possible. The undead have driven the people from the streets, clearing a path for us."

[sblock=I'll try insight]insight, skill challenge (1d20+9=21) [/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Onward!]I didn't get a chance to check yesterday, but I was starting to wonder how long that freeze-out was going to last. Good to be back.[/sblock]

Mesa said, "I want to have a few words with this Rinch myself," as he followed Andrec out of the square. As he ran, he dropped to all fours occasional, looking like a giant cat who was just pretending to be a human. His hair flowed behind him and his hides completed the look of an animalistic savage.

A lost animalistic savage. Slowing at the next corner, Mesa pciked a man from the crowd. He chose an eldery man that seemed a local, someone who had lived here for awhile and would know where things were. "Listen, would ye know the best way to get to the Vena's Gracious Hospital, or something like that?"

[sblock=Skill Check]And streetwise here, picking out a person who would know and getting the information from him. 1d20+1=15 Nice![/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Too damn slow. I can hardly see a page in 10 minutes... anyway, it seems we have 3 rolls, so either 2 succes or 2 failure...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Andrec rushes forward, urging his new comrades to follow him as he tries to fray his way through the crowd. They start after him but soon discover andrec stuck in the crowd, cursing as he can't push a fat goliath out of his way. Montroya suggests an alternate route and Mesa gets proper directions once they are on the way.

[sblock]Athletic failed, the others suceeded

2 success, 1 failure
[/sblock]

The group reach Vena's Grace in short order. This is four story tall building that abuses marble columns but is reputed as the best hospital in the commons. It's also one of the most controversial; Vena's cult has a well known obsession with youth and beauty that is reflected in the pricing of their services. They don't even deny it. It is not a good place to be sick, old, ugly and poor.

There is a pair of guards at the front and a gorgeous receptionist smiling widely to any newcomers.

[sblock]
The idea is to get to the morgue quickly without raising a ruckus. The problem is that the morgue is closed to visitors.

Now, nothing here can stop you from getting to the morgue; the guards aren't heavily armed and will get out of the way. But to do it quietly, without likely spotters woring for the gang raising an alarm, you need a bit of finesse.

Stealth and Diplomacy are key skills. Bluff and intimidation wouldn't be much tougher (DC 14 instead of 12). You may be able to think of more.
[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa grinned at the man. "Thank ye!" Racing to catch up to the others, he shouts, "Right at the next corner!" It was so much better, he realized, to run with a destination in mind.

Arriving at the hospital, he stopped by the others. Guards at the front, and everyone in their small grouip still held the signs of their recent fight in the market. Getting in, Mesa thought, might not be as easy as walking through the front door.

"Wait, didn't that fool say something about sewers?" he asked the others. Stepping back a bit, he began looking at the streets around them for a large sewer opening of some kind.

[sblock=Actions]Mesa's looking for a sewer opening large enough for even the half-orc to fit down, with a tunnel seems to lead towards the hospital and an opening out of sight of the two guards. Perception check 1d20+9=19. Not sure if that's a part of the check, or just giving us more options. Eitrher way, an average roll...[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
As the group enter Vena's Grace, Jarel-karn walk to the two guards, his sword in hand but his guard low. "Soldiers. Your morgue is actually being robbed now by thieves who has get there by the sewer. One of you, lead the way, we are here to capture those thieves. The other, call for authority. Do as I tell you or get out of our way, but be sure we will get these thieves and the necromancer leading them and it isn't you who will stop us."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Intimidate: 1d20+7=17[/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=success]
You have your four successes, but that Mesa's unexpected use of perception to spot a sewer access clashes with Jarel's approach of quietly forcing the guards to let him into the morgue.

Split party!

The four other team members must indicate who they are following.

A map should be swiftly up.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock]Uh. The virtualmat site I was using from the previous fight is down. It is damn pratcical because I was just dragging tokens. Until it gets back up I will simply redo the map after each move and upload it to a filesharing site. So I'll wait to see who goes where before uploading it.[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
Unaware of Jarel's conversation or movement into the hospital, Mesa spotted an appropriate sewer entrance. Grinning, he called to the others over his shoulder, "I found a way to come up behind them, friends. This should lead straight to them!" Mesa couldn't see the others, as he'd found the sewer entrance around a corner, but assumed they'd be right behind him. He slipped carefully into the sewer and dropped to a crouch, letting his senses adjust to the new environment.

[sblock=Try Again...]Apparently, EN World ate my last post. Anyway, what I said in the Lost Post was that splitting the party may work out in our favor in this case. Jarel and his group can come down on the thieves like an Oklahoma twister, and Mesa and his group can block their escape back into the sewers. Hammer, meet anvil.

Mal, is there anything we need to know about the sewers?[/sblock]

Remove ads