• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Mal Malenkirk

First Post

Once in the sewers, Mesa hears noise around the corner. The thief are at work. He waits patiently until he hears the inevitable ruckus from above. Soon, Jarel crashes into the room and the brawl is on.

The heroes upstairs spot the necromancer in the back, surrounded by two zombie guard. He has to be takeb alive though they will have to go through a throng of thugs to get to him.

Downstair, two zombies are guarding two more thugs who are stacking the corpse being lowered, ready to leave with their 'loot'.

[sblock=initiative]The reward for a successful skill challenge is a suprise round. They didn't hear you coming.

1:Mesa 2:Montroya 3:Tor 4:Jarel 5:Andrec 6:Matlal 7:Bad guys (1d20+6+2=13, 1d20+1=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=16, 1d20+1+2=9, 1d20+3+2=6, 1d20+2=7)

Surprise round (everyone)
---
Mesa
Montroya
Tor
Jarel
Andrec
Bad guys
Matlal
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm guessing you just went ahead and placed our characters? Just making sure that we're waiting for the enemy details etc. or whatnot.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya enters the hospital after Jarel. Seeing the thugs inside, the deva waits to the swordmage to act before moving closer to the action.

[sblock=ooc]I'll delay until Jarel-karn goes(hopefully taking out one of the baddies). What enemies are targetable(what sort of terrain are the pink types of terrain?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Status]
I'm sorry, this really should have been there last post. I just forgot.

The pink squares are trolleys on which to put the bodies. Wheels aren't exactly what you would be used to in a modern hospital. With a move action and an athletic check DC 10 you can move them one square. For every 5 points by which you beat 10, you can move them an extra square. Thugs automatically suceed in moving them 1 (and only 1) square if they try.

Andrec : 19/22 [4]
Jarel Karn: 37 /37 [11] AP
Matlal : 31/31 [11] AP
Mesa : 23/26 [7]
Montroya : 21/24 [6]
Tor : 26/31 [6]

I spent healing Surge as seemed appropriate; if you want your character to have spent one more during the short rest, just say so.

Necromancer Jarec (currently He on the map because I distractedly used his D&D compendium name... I will change it to Ja next time)
Perception 12; low-light vision
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 16
Dark Staff Strike (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d6+1 damage.

Human Thug (T)
Perception 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11
Club (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs Armor Class; 2 damage.
A human thug gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human thugs are within 5 squares of it.

Halfling Thief (Ht) (At J3, don't know why I forgot to put him on the map)
Perception 11
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 14
Dagger (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d4+3 damage.

Zombie
Perception 10; darkvision
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Slam (Standard, at-will)
+6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn arrive in the doorway and see Jared. "I'll get you." he tells himself and swing his sword to the Thug next to him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]IC is down, but if you want to roll for me. I'm attacking Thug at D3 with booming blade: +9 vs AC 16 (as he has friends near) and kill the guy right there if touch.[/SBLOCK]

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa grinned as he heard sounds of violence from above. "I believe that's our sign," he said softly to the others with him, and he moved quickly towards the corner. And found himself face-to-face with two angry-looking zombies.

"More of these bloody things?!?" he asked, backing up some to give the warriors a chance to reach the zombies. "I should've stayed with my family..." he muttered sourly.

[sblock=Actions]Surprise Round: Move to D17.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=SPEEEED!]EN world is back to its former glorious normal internet connection speed! Hope it last. Hope we haven't lost players.

Jarel : IC is still down. I rolled a 19+9=28 with my trusty D20. Hit.
[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
Matlal sees Jarel-Karn charge in and likewise gets to doing his own thing. Given his particular talent for creating chaos early on in a battle he takes his spear from his back and charges in, using his momentum to push right through the poor thug before swinging back around.

[sblock=Actions]
Invisible Castle is down, and I guess since Mal wants to get this moving fast again I'll just say what I want to do.

Minor: Ready Spear
Move: D5
Standard: Pressing Strike, shift to F6, 1d20+6 Vs. Thug at

If that hits: Rageblood Vigor, bring temp Hp up to 8. IIRC it doesn't stack, so it'll just refresh.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Matlal Stats]
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 31/31, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/11
Temporary Hit Points
Speed 6 (+2 on charge), Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Encounter Powers: Great Cleave, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage

Condition: -
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Matlal]You have a surprise round, so that's just a standard action. AFAIC, the spear is already out so you can charge. I am assuming you wanted to attack that thug at E5 and this is the only way so:

Rolled 7+6+1=14 miss

end movement at D5

I am not sure what you meant about THP not stacking; you have none right now so that is not an issue.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice roller]Anyone knows a subsitute for IC? There are plenty of dice roller on the net but so far none I gace found allows to post a link of the result back on the forum.[/sblock]

Remove ads