• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn mark the zombie near him and sugget to Molok. "Take him, my aegis should protect you." He then move in front of Montroya and try to pull the nearest zombie to him, but only pull his head, the body staying behind.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Mark Zombie at O1

Move: to K1

Standard: Ligthning Lure vs Pack Zombie at H2 (1d20+6=26) It is now that I regret to not have attack the true zombie. I would have instantly killed him.[/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Zombies and Crooks on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Updated Status]
Zombie 1: Marked (Jarel)

Andrec : 27 / 27 [5/7] AP
*Jarel-Karn : 37 / 37 [9/11] AP
Mesa : 31 / 31 [6/9] AP
*Montroya : 31 / 33 [3/8]
-One-Who-Waits: 26 / 26 [8/9] AP
Molok : 33 /33 [12/12] AP

* Acted
- Can't act before the bad guys

Mesa, Andrec and Molok are up

Rinch (The grey helmet toward the back)
Perception 14
HP 104; Bloodied 52
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 20
Speed 5
OA: Scepter of Striking
+9 vs Armor Class; 2d6 + 6 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of Rinch's next turn.

Pack Zombie (The Red M)
Perception +10; darkvision
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other pack zombie.

The Dark Servant (Book with the skull)
Perception 18
HP 52; Bloodied 26
AC 20; Fortitude 14, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Unarmed Strike : +10 vs Armor Class; 1d8+3 damage.

Good old Zombie
Medium natural magical beast (undead)
Perception 10; darkvision
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA: +6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.
Zombie Weakness : Any critical hit to the zombie reduces it to 0 hit points instantly.

Archers
Perception 16
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
OA Dagger (if drawn) +7 vs Armor Class; 2 damage.
Mob Rule (Standard; encounter)
Archers gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other Archer are within 5 squares of it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Velmont]:lol: I was amused. Pulls his head...[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Crossing the threshold in the fog, Andrec lashes out with his sword, distracting the nearby zombie long enough for Molok to take a chunk out of it without lowering his defenses.

[sblock=actions]Move to N2. Commander's Strike. Vs. AC 13 (1d20+8,1d12+6=26, 9) [/sblock]
[sblock=Character Update] Oops. forgot to work that into the stats. thanks[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Mal]I've got 33 hp, not 31. You've delayed my planned direction for him, with him almost getting KOed in every encounter so far. Toughness FTW!:D Also wanted to make sure you saw that Mesa is gone for a bit.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Montroya]
You are at 31 out of 33. You ended last fight at 22/24 and I figured you wouldn't spend 1 of your 3 remaining healing surge to heal just 2 hp.

Yeah, I saw for Mesa. But he said he would be back today or tomorrow. I still need an action out of Menrakion anyway and I am seeing the player tonight for my regular tabletop game so I'll shake one out of him. ;)

Then I guess I'll see.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andrec]That's still very much inside the fog so the attack should have taken a -2 but is still a hit.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Menrakion

First Post
Molok, with some hesitations, moves through the fog to attack the zombie. It's almost with both eyes shut that he swings his sword to hit and hurt the zombie : "AH ! Even if he can barely sees his ennemies, Molok can still hit them hard"

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the delay !
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move to N1
Howling Strike on Zombie 1
(1d20+7=15)
Attack hits
(1d12+1d6+4=13)
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Stringbean wrote yesterday that he would get caught up today or tomorrow. So I'll give him until tomorrow evening to act otherwise I will run his PC. That's about 18h from this time stamp.

If I run him, I'll sustain the fog since there are still many ranged attackers.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Mesa raises his hand and a lightning bolt shoots forward, killing a rushing zombie

Two archers gather on the bridge and fire two lucky shots that find their way to Andrec.

The zombie that was nearly decapitated by Molok retaliates with surprising ferocity and even with Jarel's Aegis taking off the edge from the blows, it still stings. Meanwhile, Jarel is fending off attacks from a zombie of his own.

The rest of the horde gathers and moves forward. The odds seem overwhelming.

As the heroes steel themselves for the onslaught, a shape falls from the wall outside and claws violently at Mesa. Is it... yes! Spider Zombie! After taking a chunk of flesh from Mesa he scuttles around One-Who waits.

[sblock=Molok]You forgot to substract 2 for the Fog. Still a hit, but barely.[/sblock]

[sblock=action]
Mesa versus Minion
vs ref 10 (1d20+5=21, 1d6+6=11) kill

2 archers vs Andrec
vs Andrec AC 18+2 (cover) (1d20+9-2=27, 1d20+9-2=19) -2 to hit for fog, +2 to AC for cover, 1 hit, 3 hp

1 Zombie vs Molok
vs AC 16 (1d20+6=21, 2d6+2=13) hit, JArel shields for 8, damage 5hp

Pack Minion vs JArel
vs Jarel AC 22 (1d20+7=12) miss

Spider-Zombie
vs Mesa AC 17 (1d20+8+2=18, 1d6+5+2d6=16) hit, 16 hp of damage! Spider Zombie is baaaaaack!

The good news Is that I don't see how he can get CA for the next round so he ought not to have +2d6.

If you were wondering, I didn the stealth check a while back. It was good.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
The 'M' pack zombie who seems on the birdge is actually under it. (at M10)

Zombie 1: 18/40 Marked (Jarel), bloodied

Andrec : 24 / 27 [5/7] AP
*Jarel-Karn : 37 / 37 [9/11] AP
Mesa : 15 / 31 [6/9] AP, bloodied
*Montroya : 31 / 33 [3/8]
-One-Who-Waits: 26 / 26 [8/9] AP
Molok : 28 /33 [12/12] AP

* Acted
- Can't act before the bad guys

Mesa, Andrec and Molok are up

Rinch (The grey helmet toward the back)
Perception 14
HP 104; Bloodied 52
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 20
Speed 5
OA: Scepter of Striking
+9 vs Armor Class; 2d6 + 6 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of Rinch's next turn.

Pack Zombie (The Red M)
Perception +10; darkvision
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other pack zombie.

The Dark Servant (Book with the skull)
Perception 18
HP 52; Bloodied 26
AC 20; Fortitude 14, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Unarmed Strike : +10 vs Armor Class; 1d8+3 damage.

Good old Zombie
Medium natural magical beast (undead)
Perception 10; darkvision
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
OA: +6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.
Zombie Weakness : Any critical hit to the zombie reduces it to 0 hit points instantly.

Archers
Perception 16
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
OA Dagger (if drawn) +7 vs Armor Class; 2 damage.
Mob Rule (Standard; encounter)
Archers gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other Archer are within 5 squares of it.

Spider Zombie
Perception 17; darkvision
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 14
OA Slam (Standard, at-will)
+8 vs Armor Class; 1d6+5 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]No stats for spider-zombie? I'm dying to know :)[/sblock]

One-Who-Waits turns to gaze at the spider-zombie, distaste causing his lips to turn down very slightly at the corners. "It seems this one has need of the most honored spirit again," he murmurs, and Knotty Virtue instantly manifests in a streak of blue motion. The spirit is accompanied by a swift but strangely gentle breeze that only causes a very slight disturbance to the fog. One-Who-Waits steps back, and Knotty Virtue moves to take his place.

Then the serpent actually does a double take, gawking wide-eyed at the spider-zombie, its endlessly weaving coils briefly freezing in surprise, which makes it look uncommonly foolish. It speaks agitatedly.

[sblock=Knotty Virtue, in Old Allarian]"What manner of thing is this? In your many ill-spent lives, I have never seen the like!"[/sblock]

One-Who-Waits frowns slightly at Knotty Virtue's words.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Call Spirit Companion in M1.

Minor: healing spirit on Mesa, rider healing (1d6=1) goes to Molok. Mesa can spend a healing surge. Molok heals 1 point (phooey).

Move: OWW shifts to M0, Knotty Virtue moves to the space OWW just vacated (N-1?)[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 5, Radiant 5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 5 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry! Stat updated.

PS: The spider Zombie wasn't affected by the fog; it creates lightly obscured squares and his darkvision beats that. I am pointing this out because -2 would have made him iss.

Which makes me realize that the fog has runs the course of its usefulness since most enemies will see in the fog and not you! Mesa dropped it on his turn after all.
[/sblock]

Remove ads