• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay retroclone

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Looking for a few new foes to throw at the player characters for GRIMDARK Edition?

Download the Crooked Bailiff and Deserter Soldier at the following link. It will also give you new information on two Afflictions that threaten these two foes; Bound to the Bottle and Soldier’s Heart.

http://grimandperilous.com/?p=697

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Meta-game development question(s): are you designing Zweihaender for print or e-publish? The grimdark.pdf I have has a good font size for e-readers, but it's one that requires a little zoom and scroll here and there. I've noticed that it helps to zoom in to the point where only one column is visible, but from that point, anything that spans columns becomes an obstacle.

Thoughts? Revelations?

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Meta-game development question(s): are you designing Zweihaender for print or e-publish? The grimdark.pdf I have has a good font size for e-readers, but it's one that requires a little zoom and scroll here and there. I've noticed that it helps to zoom in to the point where only one column is visible, but from that point, anything that spans columns becomes an obstacle.

Thoughts? Revelations?

Thanks for the feedback.

We are doing both ePub for mobile devices and print-on-demand. The beta documentation in no way, shape or form resembles the finished product. The borders and column alignment was done by me in Word for purposes of the open beta. Our layout gal works as a design publisher, so she'll be the one who will optimize our layout unique by each publication path.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Over the past few months, we've been working on pulling together the Magick chapter. Well, we're proud to say that we have completed our first draft!

This first run includes the basic rules for using Magick in gameplay, describes the differences between divine and arcane Magick and how to learn and acquire Magick for characters you are playing in the GRIMDARK Edition beta.

We have kept much of the flavor and familiarity of previous editions, while putting our own spin on it with streamlined mechanics. It also includes most of the Petty Magick spells you'll see in the final version. Note that as this is a draft version, it is incomplete and likely to change before publication. However, the rules as presented are perfectly serviceable for your GRIMDARK beta game.

http://grimandperilous.com/?p=704

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
As mentioned yesterday, Magick is now ready for gameplay in the GRIMDARK Edition beta. Keeping in this spirit, we’d like to present two arcane Magick-wielders: the Diabolist and the Hedgewise.

Additionally, we’ve included supplemental material for Chaos Manifestations and a revised list of Petty Magick spells. Download the PDFs at the link within! http://grimandperilous.com/?p=709

This is all looking so good! I am not one to read BETAs, though I have looked thru ZH a few times. I have so many RPG books to read and a few I am playing, I don't need extra distractions :D But I will be in for the final copy once you decide how and when it will be released. Keep up the good work, an awesome fantasy heartbreaker that hopefully won't break your heart ;)

Just some encouragement for what must be a hard road. I've never played WHFRP 1e or 2e, as D&D was the scene at my college. But I had the rulebooks and love the feel, but couldn't convine my buddies to try. So hopefully I will get to play ZH instead ~ I want to run through TEW, which I have managed to collect, with my older & wiser more RP savy Thespian type group!

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
We have polished up Chapter 11: Grimoire for the GRIMDARK Beta Edition!. The Grimoire will help guide you on how to use Magick in your ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG tabletop game. It includes rules for attaining Magick, the basic principles for using Magick, Channeling Power and more!

http://grimandperilous.com/?p=717

Remove ads