Countless Doorways?

fenrat

First Post
I was wondering whether anyone has seen any reviews of Monte Cook's Countless Doorways - the Planescape reunion product. Is it good?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Top notch. I have the pdf, but I'll be buying the book when it comes out -- it's big, around 224 pages iirc, and I want it in hard copy.

Stegger

First Post
I have read a good part of it by now, and I like it as well.
Lots of very good things in there, that I could never come up with myself!
Cheers,
Stegger

Oddly enough, I can't find any formal reviews on it, but buzz from those who own it is very positive. For me, it seems like much too big a book to try and do as a pdf, 'coz I don't really read books on screen very well. But I'll pick this up without a second thought when it's in print in, what, a few weeks now?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I've kind of stopped doing formal reviews, but I will give you a summary of the highlights for me:

1) This book contains various ways to make planar conjunctions, strange worlds from beyond and even "sliding" possible.

2) Various ideas for having planar invasions as well as some great plot hooks from various planes

3) The planes used here are some VERY well thought and well written ways that while are D&D like aren't necessarily D&D Great Wheel made. (By that I mean none of them have planar alignment traits. But they do have other aspects of planar stuff from MotP that make them planes.)

4) Just really reading this book is a treat for me. :)

Remove ads