[True 20] Star Trek Project

I've been working on a "repurposing" of the True20 system of Blue Rose fame for a Star Trek game, with the help of material from D20 Modern & Future. The canon for this game is TOS, TAS, TNG and DS9. Preliminary roles (i.e. clases) and feat & skill lists are in the attatched file. The biggest chunk of work I have to do is background (i.e. race) write-ups. The following is a preliminary list of available backgrounds:

Andorian
Bajoran
Betazoid
Caitian
Cardassian
Edoan
Ferengi
Gorn
Human
Kizinti
Klingon
Orion
Romulan
Tellarite
Trill
Vulcan

I'd welcome feedback. Any glaring omissions?

Attachments

• True20 Trek.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 194

OK, I'll take the lack of responces as a positive sign. :D

As far as the backgrounds are concerned, I'm thinking of dividing them into two categories, 6 point backgrounds and 4 point backgrounds. The 6 point backgrounds will either have no ability modifiers or balanced ability modifiers, and 6 points to distribute. The 4 point backgrounds will have an overall plus to ability modifiers and 4 points to distribute.

The distributable points will only be available player characters and major NPCs. For "mook" characters you just rearrange from the baseline. Thus the average vulcan starts ahead of the average human, but major characters start out on a even keel. Any thoughts on which category to place the various backgrounds into?

Emiricol

There's certainly interest in star trek, and D20. If it makes it into a netbook draft, I think you'd get a lot more response. Likewise, posting in the BlueRose forums.

However - there is, in the pipeline, an official D20 Star Trek system coming out some day called D20 Prime Directive. I heard about it over on the GURPS forums, as GURPS Prime Directive just came out for GURPS 4 (which I also heard about on the GURPS forums).

Remove ads