• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Today a sick duck in my town. Tomorrow ... the Chicken Holocaust.

Del

First Post
"VANCOUVER (CP) - A strain of H5 bird flu has been found in a duck on a commercial farm in British Columbia's Fraser Valley.

B.C. government officials said Friday there is no risk to human health, but the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has quarantined the farm after an outbreak of avian influenza in the area in 2004.

At this point, health officials say they are not sure which strain of the H5 avian bird flu was found in the duck."

http://www.news1130.com/news/national/article.jsp?content=n1118109A

I would bet good money this is the normal non virulent strain of avian influenza, cause there have been no reports of sick birds in Alaska.

Either that or this is one hell of a well travelled duck.

Doesn't matter though, these chicken farms in the Fraser Valley, one of which I actually worked for when I was 14, are toast. Again.

Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

Sean Connery: "What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold?

One's a sick duck. I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore!"

Last edited:

Del

First Post
This strays into politics but you yanks I hear can't privately buy Tamiflu antivirals anympre cause wealthier americans were buying up all the US stock.

I know a pharmacist here though. Gonna invest in a box.

Del

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Sean Connery: "What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold?

One's a sick duck. I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore!"

Thank you. I like people who make me laugh.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Wait wasn't SARS supposed to kill us all. Then like back in 70's or so it was sorta pig flu that was goning to travel the world and end civilization as we know it.

Del

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Wait wasn't SARS supposed to kill us all. Then like back in 70's or so it was sorta pig flu that was goning to travel the world and end civilization as we know it.

They seem to rely on statistical evidence that solidly infers a pandemic flaring up 3 times a century.

I dunno, good enough for me I guess.

Remove ads