(Mongoose) 2000AD RPG Downloads

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi guys,

Just a quickie.

The 2000AD RPG web site has been updated with the latest news on what is going on with these new games. In addition, we also have prepared some special downloads for the Slaine RPG - New Geases and Elementals, new rules you can slide straight into your game. And they are free!

Both can be downloaded at http://www.2000adrpg.com

Ranger REG

Explorer
A SIMPLE REQUEST

Now, I already have Acrobat Reader v5.0 installed on my PC. But I have been having difficulty downloading and saving character sheets. I know you use javascript, but you could provide a direct link to the PDF files so I can use my "Save Target As..." command?

In fact, it would be best if you provide all your downloads as direct links for us MSIE users. Trust me, even if I use the javascript link you provided, the Save command in my Acrobat Reader browser plug-in won't work properly. I even reinstalled and get updates to the freeware program and still won't work. :(

X-Marks!

First Post
Slaine Direct, please!

Indeed! I second the request for direct-download connections. I'm unable to get at the new pdf's for Slaine either. (And I'm trying through 2 versions differing versions of Netscape to boot.)

I'm close to buying -- but need this for a boost. Help!

X-Marks!

First Post
Slaine-Direct, Please!

I just wanted to add that I've never had any trouble with any other sites' java functions. There's obviously something different going on here. We can't be the only one's with these troubles...

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Kinda confused myself, as I have never had this problem when messing around with web sites. I'll give our Web Mistress a poke. . .

MonkeyBoy

First Post
you can make the links for yourself...

[mutters]

ahem...

open the downlads page

right click on a link, select "copy shortcut"

open your friendly text editor

paste in the link

cut the javascript:NewWindow bit, leaves a relative link

put "http://2000adrpg.com/" in front

wrap it in a "a href=" and "/a" tag (with a meaningful name)
add a br tag for sport

(repeat for each link)

slap html and /html tags in front

save as "temp.html" and open that file (works for IE, don't have NS to test)

(sorry about wierd descriptions of tags; not sure how much html tou can embed in these posts, and while I'm happy to tell YOU how to dodge the javascript, I'm not about to post a complete backdoor to the mongoose site...)

I know its effort to do it, but its probably a quicker way to get the pdfs...

[/mutters]

btw; got the slaine rpg this weekend, very good, very good indeed. (can't heplp but think that its about as dark as the "vile" content from dragon is described as being...) Excellent product, however, many congratulations and thanks to the mongoose people!

Last edited:

MonkeyBoy

First Post
... in my left hand we have wait around for the website to update, in the right we have some of your own effort and the PDFs in about 5 minutes.

Pick a hand...

Remove ads