Reaper S02E01 - Episode IV: A New Hope (Season Premiere)

Orius

Legend
Yeah, Reaper's finally back! About time too, I thought the stupid CW had just turned around and canned it too. And what network nitwit decided to put it opposite of frickin' American Idol?! Should have done that with that 90210 crap. Anyway, plot synopsis:

Sam returns from a road trip with Sock and Ben hoping to make things right with Andi. However, when the guys return they discover they've been fired from the Work Bench and evicted from their apartment. With no where else to go, they head to Sock's house only to find a strange girl living there. Meanwhile, Andi refuses to talk to Sam and The Devil is back with a new assignment.

They started the season off with a blast. The fired from the Bench sideplot really kind of fell flat, and felt almost like filler. The rest of the episode was fun though.

The producers seem to be going with
the Devil really is Sam's father
as truth here. It was introduced at the end of last season, but done vaguely. It's funny to think that
all the Devil's sons have been total losers as well
. Also what's up with
Sam's father
wasn't addressed in this episode as well, but it's only the first episode of the series, and he wasn't really a major leading character anyway.

This episode had some funny scenes but the two best were Sam trying to summon the Devil from within a Star of David rather than a pentagram (snicker), and
Sam taking out all the souls at the end. Nice touch playing Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy while he was zapping them on the rope, and zapping them all with the puddle of water rocked.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I didn't think the "fired from the bench" thing was a total waste, since the first question I asked was, "How are they still working there?"

The best line by far was the Devil talking about radishes. "Like sexually?" :D

While I do enjoy drama and angst, I can say how much I missed Reaper for it's (at times) light-heartedness.

Remove ads