Atmospheric Music

Sammael99

First Post
I'm soon starting to GM a Fading Suns campaign. For those who don't know the game, it's a game set in the New Dark Ages, a future in which the Universal Church is very strong, most people are serfs and the feel is generally very medieval. (I like to think of it as a mix of Dune, Hyperion and Warhammer 40k)

I'm looking for atmospheric music to use as background occasionally. I don't like drum boxes and such, so one of the requirements is that it needs to be non-electronic or minimally electronic. One other requirement is that tracks need to be long.

As an illustration, I like to use My Dying Bride's - The Cry of Mankind, or Arvo Pärt's Te Deum, but both are melancholic, and I'd also need more lively stuff for combats etc.

Any recommendations ?

Bagpuss

Legend
I would have thought choral music, male choirs and perhaps church organs would be good.

The track from the Mines of Moria on the Lord of the Ring CD has a male choir on it.

You might be able to locate this sort of music in the classical section.

Stone Angel

First Post
You also might want to check out these soundtracks such as the ninth gate, omen, also selected tracks from the video games Silent hill, Soul Reaver (Legacy of Kain), and Final Fantaxy(X especially). Hope this helps.

hong

WotC's bitch
The soundtrack from the old PC strategy game Fantasy General is GREAT if you want a choral/classical sound. The game is just about impossible to find these days, but email me if you want the tracks as mp3s.

Remove ads