Personal Geekdom - Collecible? SNES Boxes Framed

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
So this weekend I decided to work on a geek project. I got 3 old SNES game boxes and worked on various methods of framing them. I found shadow boxes that the inner dimension is just about exactly the size of your average SNES game box. Huzzah! Yes they're a little deep box wise, but they are a perfect fit with the box folded as if it had a game inside.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Hoping this isn't too large to upload. If it is I"ll work on getting it uploaded somewhere for viewing. It wasn't too big. Yay!

Attachments

• SNES-Boxes1.JPG
    SNES-Boxes1.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 97

Alan Shutko

Explorer
This is awesome. I've always loved collectibles which are THINGS the collector loves. People who collect things in little sealed boxes because they think that they'll appreciate in value make me sad, because there's no personal connection there. For instance, I'd love to do this with original Monkey Island boxes, because they mean a lot to me as games that I loved.

Artur Hawkwing, you rock.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
The Shadow Boxes I'm using are like, five bucks each at the local craft store (Michael's). Readily available and just about perfect. I'm trying to gather all the games and series I so enjoyed in my younger days. I managed to find a Castlevania 64 box on eBay, which is on it's way. Once I get that, I'll obtain another of the boxes and see how well that fits. It wouldn't break my heart to have a wall full of these things, but some of the boxes I would like are considered 'collectors items' like you noted, Alan, and as such run 30 to 100 bucks or so, depending upon condition.

Glad you guys like it. I'll post a picture of the Castlevania 64 experiment once I get that done.

fba827

Adventurer
so..... party at artur's house to celebrate the geek-ery? :)
what is a geek party like anyway? a d20 gets you in the door? :)

Remove ads