Dragonlance novels

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Do you know of any reviews or other sources that can be used to add to these articles on Wikipedia? They may have reviews in gaming magazines, sci-fi magazines, or other sources. Keep in mind that Wikipedia has higher standards on what is acceptable as sources; for example, most blogs and fansites are not acceptable. However, the blog of a professional writer would probably be a reliable source, if they are not affilitated with TSR, Wizards, or Dragonlance in any way.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Gilladian

Adventurer
I just checked a few of the titles (first 4-5) in Academic Search Premiere to see if there were any reviews in Library Journal or other sources, and didn't find any.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I know that we do have at least one review on Dragons of the Dwarven Depths, The Dargonesti, Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, Prisoner of Haven, and Wanderlust - and I'm pretty sure we have at least one Library Journal review on at least one DL novel article somewhere. Is that a public search engine that I could use?

Gilladian

Adventurer
If you have a card at your public library, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to access Academic Search. It's one of the THE big databases libraries get. A basic research tool. If nothing else, you might be able to use a print index called LISTA (Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts) without a library card AT your main or central library or a university library. It's also a very standard tool, though finding it in print anymore is getting harder.

Edit: ask your library if they still have Book Review Index, as well! Talk to your Librarian!!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Thanks, I will have to give that a shot! I know that I spent many hours at the library with "Heroic Worlds" (since, for whatever reason, they filed it as a reference work so I could not actually check it out).

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
They didn't seem to know too much about either of those databases. They did have access to one called "Literary Reference Center" though, which I used to add some to "The Legend of Huma" and actually looks like it has a lot more potential to add to articles about the authors than it does about the books.

Remove ads