Pathfinder 1E Wondering which are the best Paizo APs?

bstern

First Post
I ran Serpent's Skull and the plot is a little forced at times, but the players and I had a pretty good time. I read through Strange Aeons and didn't find it compelling. If I ran it, I'd have to throw out about half of the plot, which eliminates the benefit of the AP for me.

By comparison, although I had to rewrite a lot of the encounters in Serpent's Skull as the game progressed, because the monsters as written didn't seem to be able to keep up with my players, the storyline worked, for the most part. There were a few hooks here and there that didn't hang together properly, but I wasn't left scrambling for an explanation or motivation too often.

Jharet

Explorer
You can start at Paizo. They have a lot of the older issues on sale. For example, I just picked up a few parts of Skull & Shackles at half price (non-mint).

Then just fill in the other parts where you can. Check online and at your local shops. You'd be surprised at what you might find.

zubalove

First Post
An excellent poster on Reddit who goes by the name of TOModera annually ranks the Paizo APs (for Pathfinder). What I really like about his method, is that he's extremely specific about why he feels the way he does about each one. When you go through his list, you realize that the bulk of them he's moderately favorable to, and there are only a few that he is outright negative on. I believe this is his most recent post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...moderas_updated_review_of_all_pathfinder_aps/

I highly recommend reading the thread as the context is pretty important. Here's his list:

1 Kingmaker

2 Rise of the Runelords

3 Curse of the Crimson Throne

4 Wrath of Righteous

5 Strange Aeons

6 Carrion Crown

7 Hell’s Rebels

8 Skulls & Shackles

9 Iron Gods

10 Reign of Winter

11 Ruins of Azlant

12 Legacy of Fire