M&M System Trademark License?

CBS Brian

First Post
A thought just occurred to me, and I thought I'd address the idea to this board.

I personally don't own the Mutants & Masterminds book; I'd love to get a copy of it, but because of a lack of $$$ I've had to curb back my RPG expense budget to 0. From what I've heard however, M&M has become the definitive Supers game using the d20 System.

Because of this widespread popularity, combined with the fact that it works in a genre pretty much avoided by the d20 System crowd (barring some exceptions), I'm curious if Green Ronin has given any thought towards opening up the M&M name in a similar fashion to the d20 System Trademark License?

Maybe it's totally unfeasable, not financially sound, or just not a good idea. I don't know, it's why I'm asking. How does GR feel about such an idea? Would the publishing community be interested in supporting it?

Obviously, flavor would not be open (keeping iconics like the Pugilist, or settings like Freedom City out of the public's hands, just as Lidda & the Forgotten Realms), but it might increase support of this system if, instead of creating more supers games, publishing could put the Mutants & Masterminds logo on their supplements and state full compatibility right on the cover.

Just curious.

mistergone

First Post
I persoally don't see it happening any time in the near future. Check out the Green Ronin boards. They don't seem keen on the idea, and I don't entirely blame them. Maybe in teh future some time they'll work it all out, but really they're a small company and they want to see the product float before they do something huge like relesing a SRD or anything.

Pramas

Explorer
CBS Brian said:
M&M has become the definitive Supers game using the d20 System.

I have no comment, other than I like the sound of this. :)

Because of this widespread popularity, combined with the fact that it works in a genre pretty much avoided by the d20 System crowd (barring some exceptions), I'm curious if Green Ronin has given any thought towards opening up the M&M name in a similar fashion to the d20 System Trademark License?

Yes, we have. Watch our website.

Remove ads