Eberron + Ravnica Fun

vulcan_idic

Explorer
I don't like the "the whole world is a city" concept, so I'm blending Ravnica into Eberron. Here's what I've come up with for how to work the guilds into Eberron. Still workshoping things a bit.

Azorius Senate
“The Once and Future Senate” a group that is dedicated to the reunification of Aundair, Breland, Cyre, Karrnath, and Thrane and the recreation of a united Kingdom of Galifar. The members have a tendency towards human supremacist type views though this varies from member to member in degree, awareness, and intentionality.​
House Dimir
A Riedran organization responsible for intelligence and covert operations in Khorvaire furthering the goals of The Dreaming Dark and the Quori. They work closely with both House Phiarlan and House Thuranni though both are kept in the dark about the involvement of the other as well as the true allegiance of House Dimir. They adopted the appellation “House” to attempt to make others think that they are a Dragonmarked House without ever actually claiming to be one.​
Cult of Rakdos
Demonic cult offshoot of the Silver Flame and competitor with the circus of House Phiarlan.​
Gruul Clans
A group attempting to become the formal ruling body of most of the non-human regions of Khorvaire… an attempt at which it seems to be succeeding, but very very slowly. It’s attempt might be more successful and faster if it were less chaotic and fractious, getting in its own way as different Clans work at cross purposes to other Clans. On the other had, that very conflicted chaos is also what is enabling them to represent disparate conflicting groups, so if it weren’t what it is it may not be succeeding at all.​
Selesnya Conclave
The Eldeen Reaches, a stronghold of druidic sects, have gone a different way than most of the non-human regions, and instead of the Gruul Clans, the Eldeen Reaches are lead by the Selesnya Conclave - a federation of Archdruids of various Circles and sects.​
Orzhov Syndicate
Purports to be an interest of the Church of the Sovereign Host competing with House Kundarak. In reality it is a publicly acceptable face for the cult of The Dark Six with slight diplomatic ties to The Blood of Vol.​
Izzet League
Niv-Mizzet is an Ancient dragon from Argonessen. All Izzet research helps him work on understanding and/or manipulating the draconic prophecy. The research is funded, and a profit made, from selling/licensing their innovations. They run a variety of laboratories several in cooperation with Dragonmarked Houses and other entities with overlapping interests.
Labs
Laboratory of Pyrology
In conjunction with Morgrave University​
Laboratory of Storms and Electricity
In conjunction with House Lyrandar​
Laboratory of Metallurgy
In conjunction with House Cannith​
Laboratory of Alchemy
In conjunction with House Cannith​
Laboratory of Orientation
In conjunction with House Orien​
Laboratory of Mimeography
In conjunction with House Sivis​
Laboratory of Continuism
A top secret lab with branches in Aerenal and Xendrik​
Laboratory of Arcane Geometry
In conjunction with the Morgrave University​
Laboratory of Gravitational Inversion
Run solely by Izzet, with branches in Sharn and Argonessen​
Laboratory of Plasma-Dermatology​
Golgari Swarm
A group, secretly a branch of the Blood of Vol, that contracted with Sharn to recycle its waste products that also serves as an unseen foothold disguised in legitimacy for the Blood of Vol right under the noses of the Sharn elites.​
Boros Legion
A relative newcomer to the world of Eberron this mercenary organization competes with House Deneith for mercenary contracts and is hoping to give them a run for their money. The Legion is formed from experienced Last War veterans of many species and has a particularly strong presence outside the Five Nations proper - Zilargo, Droaam, the Eldeen Reaches, Valenar, the Shadow Marches, Darguun, the Talenta Plains, and Q’Barra particularly.​
Simic Combine
The Simic Combine is a Morgrave University research arm that claims, publicly, to study aberrations to use their enemies tools to fight against them. Perhaps they were that at one point but were corrupted by the aberrations they studied, or perhaps they were controlled from aberrations from the beginning. In any case, it is true now that behind their public face the Simic Combine actually promotes the daelkyr agenda. That said, not all members are aware of this - many of their researchers are convinced - either because they are naive or so focused on research that they aren’t paying attention - that the publicly stated mission of the Simic Combine is the real one.​

Last edited:

I think I would tie Boros and Radkos to the movement of Shavarath with Boros to be more archon/arcadian avenger-orientated. For a long time, they have been small players (not important enough to show up in previous Eberron material), but now they are becoming more prominent, which concerns Shavarath-tracking scholars. Of course, the scholars could be wrong, and long-term growth by the groups could just finally being brought to light (in case you don't want any metaplot in your game).

vulcan_idic

Explorer
That's a really interesting idea! I like that! Maybe a recent Shavarathi planar interaction with Eberron (my memory of the terminology is a bit rusty, I haven't done a lot with Eberron since 3.5) caused these Shavarathi organizations to bleed over and start having a greater presence on the Material Plane... enough of a bleed over that these organizations are now self-sustaining on the Material Plane and trying to gather resources and get them to where the next Shavarathi planar overlay will occur. Or something like that. I like the idea, but I'm still processing the details of implementation! :)

That's a really interesting idea! I like that! Maybe a recent Shavarathi planar interaction with Eberron (my memory of the terminology is a bit rusty, I haven't done a lot with Eberron since 3.5) caused these Shavarathi organizations to bleed over and start having a greater presence on the Material Plane... enough of a bleed over that these organizations are now self-sustaining on the Material Plane and trying to gather resources and get them to where the next Shavarathi planar overlay will occur. Or something like that. I like the idea, but I'm still processing the details of implementation! :)

Thank you. I admit I haven't done a lot with by-the-book Eberron in a dog's age, but the notion that there is a plane where demons, devils, and archons are in perpetual conflict (and that every time it comes near a world, a big war breaks out) is an idea that has always impressed me.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I came into this thread very skeptical, but you did a very good job of integrating Ravnica concepts into Eberron. And that's coming from someone that isn't really a fan of Ravnica. But I would honestly adopt much of this.

My only feedback would be regarding the Gruul Clans and Cult of Rakdos.

With the Gruul, they really seem to fit Droaam. I'd probably say this might be either the banner under which the Sisters of Sora Kell are uniting the monstrous clans of Droaam, or perhaps the little known resistance within Droaam to rule the Sister of Sora Kell. Outside Droaam, this clan may not be well known because the Sisters want to demonstrate a strong front to the rest of Khorvaire and present themselves as a true nation, but the fact is that while the Sister have become one of, if not the biggest player in Droaam, perhaps there is a holdout that through some kinda miracle, grit, or skill have thus far succeeded in resisting against the Sisters' rule. Perhaps this group might even be secretly supported by interests in Breland or other nations.

And the Cult of Rakdos screams Demon Wastes. Perhaps they are in service to one of the Rakshasa, or even have some direct connection to a Demon Overlord. They spread out from the Demon Wastes under the guise of a circus, but the towns they visit always have strange occurrences or murders in their wake that, while suspicious, has yet to be tacked directly onto them. In the major cities like Sharn, down in the cogs, they hold their circuses or murder and torture in secret, only accessible to those with a connection or the the depraved elite of the city, and partake in hedonistic pursuits.

Last edited:

Remove ads