Forge of Fury...what do the orcs know?

Uller

Adventurer
Needless to say...

SPOILERS!!!!

My party stormed the Mountain Door in our game last night. They felled one of the guards in the first round but the other managed to flee and raise the alarm. The party ran the gauntlet of arrows and got inside the Dwarf Door befor it could be closed. They killed one of the guards on the far side of the chasm. The other ran and closed the doors to the rest of the complex. At that point, with the two sides out of direct contact, we stopped for the night.

There are still three orcs left in the secret passages to the arrow slits. They could spill out to fight the party on the ledge. That us probably what I will have them do because they don't know that the party has killed or chased off the other guards yet. I anticipate the party will kill them pretty quickly but lose a few hp in the process.

After that, active combat will have ended. The module advises to have the orcs make a defensive stand in room 5 and then eventually a counter attack. But the smart play would be to draw the party in and send a flanking attack from are 14 using the secret door to area 4.

I have not seen any info on how much the orcs know about that door. It is a dwarven fortress so it might be conceivable that the orcs are unaware of it.

Thoughts?

Also...looking ahead to the succubus and the dragon..my party is aware that a dragon and a fiend are present thanks the the ranger's primal awareness feature. So to make it interesting I'm trying to think of ways to set up the party playing them against eachother. Like maybe the dragon possesses the means to free the devil so the devil promises some boon to the party if they can lure the dragon to a place where it can help fight the dragon but the dragon is aware of the devil and will be leery of such tricks but hates it and would like to see it gone so it can attack the duergar to add to its hoard...

Thoughts?

jasper

Rotten DM
If you nice give the orcs a perception roll to find the door. Not Nice the orcs know of the door and use it.

Remove ads