D&D 5E Cool Special Attacks for a "Pirate"

15. Leap overboard but have the evil pirate god blast you airborne with a surging wave of sea spray so you can strike a flying enemy.

16. Order your fellow pirates to yell yarr, then grasp that sound and spin it into a harpoon of thunder which you can hurl.

17. Conjure a shark to thrash someone who fell overboard, using a little shark shaped voodoo doll.

18. Intone the dread name of Commodore Quindon Sabriel, causing the skull and crossbones on your ship's flag to catch fire, and one round later it blasts out an infernal beam which brands that image into the deck of the enemy ship, setting alight their rigging and incinerating any poor sailors caught in the flames.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I'm not sure I can answer this question seriously at this point... Parrot Uppercut! See?

Seriously though, the Swashbuckler is probably where I'd start.

I'm not sure I can answer this question seriously at this point... Parrot Uppercut! See?

Seriously though, the Swashbuckler is probably where I'd start.

You stat out NPCs as PCs?

I've literally never bothered. I just grab a NPC, and tweak as desired (slapping spell-casting on them from a different class, changing out spell lists, gear load out and maybe porting over a Parry or Leadership ability or similar).

Unless you're talking about the NPC Swashbuckler.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yikes, not a fully kitted out PC version, no, that's a mental. Way too much work. That's just where I'd start looking for inspiration. Well, that and Captain Hook from the original Peter Pan.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Yikes, not a fully kitted out PC version, no, that's a mental. Way too much work. That's just where I'd start looking for inspiration. Well, that and Captain Hook from the original Peter Pan.

I did Captain Hook in M&M 2E at one point, so not directly relevant to D&D. That said I made liberal use of the disarm abilities, the hook for grappling and slow effects, and when relevant sword breaking.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases