What was your most memorable PC?

Logue the Barbarian

He was a funny human berserker-barbarian, with an extreme fear of heights, which would often be an obstacle during adventures. It would instantly reduce the fearless warrior to a quivering helpless child. His low intelligence often lead to funny situations, where Logue would think an npc made up a word, simply due to his own limited vocabulary. He loved challenging people to a game of arm wrestling, was completely lacking in manners or understanding of etiquette, but had a heart of gold.

Logue was banished long ago from his tribe, for not completing a quest which all young boys were expected to complete upon reaching the age of 18: To wrestle the great bear, without the aid of any weapons. Logue failed this quest, not due to being afraid of the bear, but the climb up the mountain that was also involved. Thus he shamed his family, and was no longer welcome in the tribe. The rest of the party helped him overcome his petrifying fear of heights, and reclaim his honor. As it turns out, the Great Bear was really quite nice.

Other heroic accomplishments of Logue include: Beating another Logue from an alternate reality at a game of arm wrestling, and thus restoring the fractured timeline. Charging an undead dragon naked, and killing it with his final blow. And summoning the spirit of the Great Bear, when the whole party was lost, by performing a drunken naked dance around a bonfire.

Last edited:

Bill Reich

First Post
I started playing Autogar back in AD&D1 when it first came out. He was a Baron's son but his father was a problem gambler and had lost all of the family's ready cash and the rents from the peasants for the next few years. Autogar was the eldest but it looked like there would be little to inherit. Autogar's mother advised him that he had better marry a rich woman and he took the advice to heart. He had armor and weapons and a riding horse but an actual warhorse (or really good plate armor) was out of his price range.

He hired on as a caravan guard and met a player-character merchant's daughter who was going to be rich. So I had to roleplay courtship, where Autogar thought he was slumming (he was a really good-looking nobleman and she was ugly and a merchant's daughter) and she did not fall for his line of BS.

Fast-forward and they have been on a sereies of adventures, she was a fighter and a good one, and have become friends and they are both rich. He goes home and puts the barony back on its financial feet. He thinks about how much he admires the young woman and realizes that he is sincerely smitten. His father is still alive, so he has no responsibilities in the barony. He gets his father's promise not to gamble, which doesn't work, and goes back on the road. He runs into Caroly (not a typo; that's her name) again and proposes. And they get married.

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
There seems to be some sort of pattern here.

I'll add to the list with Xaelvaen, my Valenar (Valaes Tairn) Ranger. Started as a fairly simple double-scimitar wielding Elf that just really hated halflings. I don't remember what alignment to be honest, I just know it had Chaotic... something in it, probably Chaotic Good with Neutral Tendencies. He wasn't quite evil (except when it came to Halflings), but he also wasn't willing to throw himself into harm's way for nothing - afterall, the entire country is a country of mercenaries.

I remember at one point after an adventure had concluded, we returned to Sharn for some downtime. No one in the group had leveled, but due to some good roleplaying rewards I was 4 xp away from a level. So, while on my way to the market, the DM decides to test my alignment, and I spot a few halflings walking on a bridge a bit below me - and of course, to really test me, they were Talenta halflings in Sharn for their first visit, or so I could assume.

I leaped the 30ft down to them (rolling tumble to not die accordingly), and slaughtered the small group of them by shoving them off the bridge one at a time - except the last one, who I would play a game with. A game my character invented which was to see just how far the stream of blood from your enemies would splatter away from the corpse. Double-scimitars were excellent at this game.

Of course, the Sharn Watch were after me, at least in theory - there weren't eye-witnesses, but we heard reports they were looking for a 'brutal and ruthless murderer'. I mean, Valenar warred with the Talenta relentlessly, he just couldn't let it go.

Regardless, despite the RP aspects placed into the situation by my DM, Xaelvaen forever became known as the character who killed random halflings for 4 xp... so he could level.

Last edited:

monsmord

Adventurer
I've had some memorable classic Marvel FASERIP superheroes, thanks to my Judge's insistence that all characters be created randomly. But I'll go with the last time I played 3.5e, when I ran a gnome Loremaster, Glyph Glaven. "Yeah, well, it's a little known fact that the lifeleech otyugh was originally created in 1212DR when a gibbering mouther swallowed some of Elminster's beard."

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
To be honest I didn't play Flexor for that long, after he was charmed I lost interest, but due to random stat generation and that single roll of 00 on percentile dice I will never forget him. If I get an 18 when rolling up my first 5e PC I may resurrect him.

Bill Reich

First Post
I'll add to the list with Xaelvaen, my Valenar (Valaes Tairn) Ranger. Started as a fairly simple double-scimitar wielding Elf that just really hated halflings. I don't remember what alignment to be honest, I just know it had Chaotic... something in it, probably Chaotic Good with Neutral Tendencies. He wasn't quite evil (except when it came to Halflings), but he also wasn't willing to throw himself into harm's way for nothing - afterall, the entire country is a country of mercenaries.

I remember at one point after an adventure had concluded, we returned to Sharn for some downtime. No one in the group had leveled, but due to some good roleplaying rewards I was 4 xp away from a level. So, while on my way to the market, the DM decides to test my alignment, and I spot a few halflings walking on a bridge a bit below me - and of course, to really test me, they were Talenta halflings in Sharn for their first visit, or so I could assume.

I leaped the 30ft down to them (rolling tumble to not die accordingly), and slaughtered the small group of them by shoving them off the bridge one at a time - except the last one, who I would play a game with. A game my character invented which was to see just how far the stream of blood from your enemies would splatter away from the corpse. Double-scimitars were excellent at this game.

Of course, the Sharn Watch were after me, at least in theory - there weren't eye-witnesses, but we heard reports they were looking for a 'brutal and ruthless murderer'. I mean, Valenar warred with the Talenta relentlessly, he just couldn't let it go.

Regardless, despite the RP aspects placed into the situation by my DM, Xaelvaen forever became known as the character who killed random halflings for 4 xp... so he could level.

In a city? In most campaigns I've run and played in, you would be enjoying those xp in prison or dead. Good or evil aside, a city must have order.

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
In a city? In most campaigns I've run and played in, you would be enjoying those xp in prison or dead. Good or evil aside, a city must have order.

Yep, and quite a strict city at that. Because it wasn't quite so intrinsic to the post, I left out the increasing heat, the questioning, and all the other derived parts of the DM's master plan - what few of them came to fruition, anyway. Eventually the campaign shifted away from Khorvaire entirely and I never got to fully explore what it would have been like to bribe my way out, or escaped, or any other such things. Sometimes a DM gets an idea, but just doesn't want to follow through with it after a couple of weeks - it was his mistake in the first place for leaving me at an opportunity with no eye-witnesses. I suppose he wanted a slow-build tension sort of thing.

I will say, to further clarify though, it was the DM who brought the idea to light - I really didn't care about how fast I leveled, I knew we were going to end up in Xendrik anyway :p

Remove ads