'This Week in Greyhawk Fandom' and other Canonfire! rumblings

Canonfire!

First Post
'This Week in Greyhawk Fandom' and other Canonfire! rumblings

Hello!
After some exciting planning this week, a few cool things are happening at Canonfire!, the web's premier Greyhawk campaign fansite.

As ya'll probably noticed, Canonfire's 'This Week in Greyhawk Fandom' newsletter fell victim to the harsh realities of the staff's (read: me) family issues and has not been produced for the last two months. Due to the positive reaction the newsletter recieved during the first month that it was released, it is a high priority of the Canonfire! staff to begin publication anew via the usual channels (email discussion lists, select message board forums and usenet groups, as well as the Canonfire! site) as soon as possible. Expect to see a new issue this week (Wed. Sept. 11 on the Canonfire! site, and Thurs. Sept. 12 everywhere else.). You can visit 'This Week in Greyhawk Fandom' at the Canonfire! site at http://www.canonfire.com/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

Now that folks have had a few months to get their feet wet and get to know the Neverwinter Nights game engine inside and out, it's become apparent that a lot of Greyhawk fans are playing, and creating scenarios for, this game as well as the expected Forgotten Realms fans. In light of this, the staff at Canonfire! has decided to construct a directory of Greyhawk related NWN servers and websites to make finding the cool scenarios easy for all the players out there. If any of you have, or know of, a cool NWN server or site that you would like featured on Canonfire's directory, please send the URL and a short description to me at richadmin@canonfire.com . Non-Greyhawk focused sites are acceptable, since we are trying to provide a extensive directory for NWN players, but given that Canonfire! is a Greyhawk fansite, servers and sites with a 'Greyhawk flavor' will be given higher positions on the list of sites in the directory. Show the world your creativity! Send us your URLs!

Have you got a cool villain in your Greyhawk game you'd like to share with the world? Have you fleshed out the story and personality of one of Greyhawk's exisiting but undetailed bad guys? Would you like to see yourself published in Dragon (TM) magazine? Stay tuned for details on Canonfire's next big contest, coming in the next few weeks!

A reminder to those fans of Greyhawk who don't or can't use the GreyTalk email discussion list, you can now access all the informative (and sometimes feisty) Greyhawk goodness of the GreyTalk community via Canonfire's Phorum feature. The Phorum software allows complete integration with the mail list, allowing total participation in the discussions, including full posting priveleges and an easy to read archive of recent posts in the message board format that many people prefer. Stop by http://canonfire.com/forum and see what's happening in the World of Greyhawk online community!

Thanks for your ongoing support of the Canonfire! site everyone, the first year was a huge success building a community of over 900 registered users as well as a steady stream of unregistered visitors enjoying the web's largest collection of Greyhawk lore and fun features. It's our goal to make Canonfire's second year an even bigger success, delivering more top notch Greyhawk content and providing more interactivity and chances for every Greyhawk fan to get involved and help keep Greyhawk the best fantasy campaign setting ever.

Talk to you in the newsletters!
Rich 'chatdemon' Trickey (richadmin@canonfire.com)
on behalf of the entire Canonfire! staff.

Last edited:

chatdemon

First Post
Canonfire: Not just for Greyhawk fans ya' know

If it's OK with the mods, I'm going to bump this a few more times to keep it on page 1 most of the time until monday afternoon. I figure by then most of the regulars will have had a chance to see it.

Upon rereading my announcement, and pondering the weekly newsletter ideas, it seems to me that a lot of yall might see the word Greyhawk popping up over and over and think 'bah, I don't play greyhawk, there's nothing on canonfire that I'd be interested in.'. Well, that may be true, but I think that like any setting, the material (whether official or fan based) is easily adapted to other settings, especially things like magic items and spells, which are represented well in the articles on canonfire. The new NWN directory I'm working on and the "villain contest" (sorry :rolleyes: can't divulge the details yet, but we're working with Dragon magazine's Living Greyhawk Journal on this one, it's going to be cool) will, IMO, only broaden the appeal of the site to more people. So bear with me ya'll while I toot our horn a bit each week and flood enworld with greyhawk hype, there may just be something we at canonfire have to offer you even if you can't stand the thought of actually playing in the setting.

Thanks for indulging an old die hard Greyhawker.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Greyhawk Rules!!!

Hey chatdemon and canonfire!

I'm a die hard Greyhawker too. Thank ye for the news and updates. I'll be over at Canonfire shortly.

Son of Thunder

chatdemon

First Post
Just for the record, Canonfire! and Chatdemon are both me :)

One for 'official' business, and one for me running my mouth like a deranged baboon.

Henry

Autoexreginated
chatdemon said:
One for 'official' business, and one for me running my mouth like a deranged baboon.

Nah, you're not a baboon... ;)

Seriously, thanks for the info, rich! I am very glad to see the GH online community is still as strong as it is!

Remove ads