• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Upon receiving the clarification from Leonan, Eddicus nods wordlessly and goes with the half-elf. Taking advantage of as much cover as is available, he works at advancing and observing without being detected.

Stealth [roll0]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Continue stealthily along the path, trying to see where it leads without alerting potential guards. Waving others forward if no apparent threat appears.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
As you fallow the path towards the rear of the dilapidated manor you continue to keep a sharp eye out for other people but see none. At one point you find the remains of the large kitchen. its stones blackened and beams charred. it seems likely that there was a great fire here. Perhaps it was that that was this places' end.
Around the far side of the kitchen, almost directly opposite where you started, you find a narrow, steep set of stone stairs descending into the rocky ground, likely to a cellar.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Downward, then?" Eddicus whispers to the others. "Who's going first?"
He looks alternately toward Leonan and Vottr, and gestures toward the stairs. "Do we need some light?"

Eddicus takes off his pack, retrieves his shield, and straps his bow to the pack; then dons his pack again and straps the shield to his left arm. "Can't use a bow for long shots in a cellar with a low ceiling," he whispers.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan whispers.
"The thugs are human, there should be light downthere. And in the cellar, you shouldn't expect long shots anyhow. Its narrow and you could be blocked by our valiant defenders if you don't have ranged weapons ready. I'll go first. Vottr, Brlo, warn me if you see something untoward happening. Eddicus, could you cast light and something and keep it ready to light the way if I trigger something?"

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], feel free to re-roll stealth (+5) if you think it is needed.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus nods; then reaches to the ground for a small pebble that he would be able to conceal in one hand. Finding such a pebble nearby, he picks it up and casts "Light" on it; then wraps his right hand around it. He indicates he's ready to go.

OOC: Assuming combat will start before that casting expires, Eddicus' plan is to hold his right hand a little elevated, and simply drop the pebble (no action) as soon as he needs to draw a weapon.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr kisses the head of Sweet Meduna, his maul, for luck and grasps it in both hands. He nods to the others and falls in behind Leonan.

mips42

Adventurer
The steep stairway descends into the rocky ground a good fifteen feet or so to a rough, field stone doorway and a heavy, wooden, iron-banded door that looks much newer than the surrounding stonework.

[sblock=Vottr and Brlo]
The door is, in fact quite a bit newer than the stonework doorway and you can tell that, at some point in the past, the stonework has been repaired reasonably well.
[/sblock]

Remove ads