Spells for Forensics and Investigation?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Do you know any spells that are useful in forensics or investigation? Has someone made spells that detect blood types or identify toxins or perform other types of detection or identification useful to investigations?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I am thinking a cantrip could reveal lost stains, the way luminol does. Another spell could reveal the face of the last person to touch an object like a weapon, showing the face on the object's surface. How about a spell that makes the wound that a person glow? Any other ideas? Please share...

jgsugden

Legend
This would be like inventing an airplane for trips down the street. There is alternative technology/magic that gets you the results you want for a lot less effort. The variety of divination spells solves these mysteries.

If you really want this approach, the locate spells cover a lot of this ground.

Ashrym

Legend
Do you know any spells that are useful in forensics or investigation? Has someone made spells that detect blood types or identify toxins or perform other types of detection or identification useful to investigations?

Literally, detect poison and disease identifies poisons.

Identify will give information on spells affecting the target. Speak with animals or speak with plants give witnesses. Speak with is an obvious choice. Detect thoughts. Locate object.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
It has always seemed to me like there were not enough detection and location type spells, and more specialized types of divination are needed. I would like to see more people able to play casters that specialize in investigation or spying...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases