Chicago Gameday 36 Event Planning

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
IMHO, playing D&D at a con is like visiting Europe and eating at a McDonalds.

Sure, you can do that. I won't judge you. But ... c'mon, man! There's so many different options out there! Try some new cuisine instead of going with the safe, somewhat bland stuff you know! You can always grab a Big Mac when you're home, but for now, take a chance and explore what's out there. At worst, you'll better know your own tastes. At best, you'll discover a whole new world of experiences.

This message has been brought to you by a grumpy game designer who has spent too many gamedays running unusual rpgs with no one signing up for them. Also, I'm bitter.

Agreed. The majority of my years going to GenCon I purposefully stayed away from D&D for exactly this reason.

buzz

Adventurer
Hmm...some family issues developing and my mother-in-law's dementia is getting worse. I think I would like to remove my Pathfinder event from the afternoon. I am hoping to still make it to Gameday, but probably need to back out of running an event.
So sorry to hear this, TB. :( I've removed your event from the schedule. I hope to see you at Gameday!

buzz

Adventurer
IMHO, playing D&D at a con is like visiting Europe and eating at a McDonalds.
Unless D&D is your favorite game, but you never get to play it on a regular basis. Don't give in to hate, WJ! :D

I can sympathize with both sides. I just hope that people will chose to attend and try something new, even if their favorite RPG is not being offered.

(It is interesting to see how interest in D&D at Gameday has dropped off over the years. I don't know if this is because overall interest in D&D is down across the hobby in general, or just among the Gameday fan-base. I do know that, in recent years, offering up a D&D event has been no guarantee of sign-ups; sometimes they fill up, sometimes there's no interest. It's a mystery!)

buzz

Adventurer
Just a *bump* to remind GMs to post their event details...

And if anyone has any other ideas to requests for Gameday, feel free to share.

buzz

Adventurer
And Gameday 36 draws ever closer...

I still need event details from the following GMs:

Dread, [MENTION=16198]Reidzilla[/MENTION]
TBD, [MENTION=100097]CoreyHaim8myDog[/MENTION]
Lady Blackbird, [MENTION=6747713]Sailorkitsune2004[/MENTION]
Torchbearer, [MENTION=6668372]willowx[/MENTION]
...and, uh, me.

We have two weeks until player sign-up begins. Please post when you get a chance. Thanks!

buzz

Adventurer
Hey Folks, we've had an event cancellation. CoreyHaim8myDog has removed his event from the roster. This means that we are heavy in the morning and light in the evening, and that the private room in now available in the afternoon.

Is there anyone willing to move their morning event to the afternoon? Then we'd be 8 and 8.

Also, player sign-up is just one week away. I still need event descriptions from:

Dread, [MENTION=16198]Reidzilla[/MENTION]
Lady Blackbird, [MENTION=6747713]Sailorkitsune2004[/MENTION]
Torchbearer, [MENTION=6668372]willowx[/MENTION]

Please post them, ASAP!

Reidzilla

Explorer
Here is the event info

Ghoulish Things Come In Small Packages
System: Dread
Players: 4
Mature players only please

Trying to pass Professor Jones' Archeology class is a nightmare. Luckily he gives extra credit for unpacking and processing new international exhibit items. When you and your fellow academically challenged classmates come across a tiny, unmarked crate in the latest shipment can they make the grade before the FINAL exam.

Dread is a unique horror story game system using a Jenga tower as a randomizer. No experience is necessary to play but a love of old cheesy horror movies and a desire to make poor survival choices for the sake of entertainment is useful.

Last edited:

Remove ads