110 - Border Tower - New encounter map available

[FONT=&quot]Good day my friends, here's a second try at digital paint in a different style than my usual stuff. Some background lore:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Two days away from the big city, near the northern mountain range, the border between the two kingdoms is marked by an old tower on top of a hill. The tower was built almost 400 years ago by the founders of Arella, the Kingdom of Gold. As it is now, that name does not make much sense any more, the gold mines dried up almost 70 years ago and all that is left is the coal to be mined. Still the country is rich, but not so much as had been predicted.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The old watch tower at the border was a defensive measure from raiding parties and brigands that often trespassed into Arella. The sellswords and cutthroats came from the neighboring kingdom. They did not represent the other kingdom’s stances, but they had to be dealt with. A king back then, centuries ago, gave the blessing of the crown to a newly formed order of knights that swore to protect the golden lands from those who would pillage and pilfer. This respected order came to be known as the Order of the Flaming Falcon. A red falcon embroidered on a white background was flown in their banners. For years the order protected the border successfully, until one day the brigands showed in lesser and lesser numbers. The neighboring kingdom became better at controlling their own bad apples and sooner rather than later, trespassing the border and facing the Order of the Flaming Falcon was less appealing than simply staying at home and do crime there.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The tower was abandoned, along with other towers and holds along the border, only a holdfast on the main road was kept to present day.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can read the full background lore and encounter ideas here:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can visit my crowdfunding site and support my work here:
[/FONT]

Remove ads