• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Armor Changes.

daTim

First Post
Some armor changes of note....

Armor enhancements like acid resistance cost a flat fee, not a bonus.

Adamantine Full Plate grants DR -/3

Rhino Hide adds a flat 2d6 damage, not doubling.

Im sure there is more, thats all I noticed on the GamingReport scans of the new DMG

dcollins

Explorer
Doing a spit-take on my evening iced tea... is there anything being left alone in this "revision"? Some quotes from the linked review...

- "All of the classes are changed in one way or the other."
- "The spells are very different."
- "Magic Item pricing looks to have considerably changed."

This "revision" sure doesn't sound like what they started advertising.

Last edited:

Murrdox

First Post
It's still D20 anyway you slice it.

They're not changing anything horribly fundamental, like what Attribute bonuses do, saving throws, hit points... skill checks still work the same, weapons and damage are remaining the same, most feats aren't changing...

So a few spells work a little differently, and some class' spell lists are changing. So far of all the scanned images, I really liked everything I saw.

I wish they had explained Attacks of Opportunity that nicely when 3.0 first came out!

Murrdox

First Post
Well... that's only a change in how weapon sizing works.

A Bastard Sword is still going to do a d10 of damage. That's the sort of thing I meant.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the threat ranges and multipliers of certain weapons were adjusted. I doubt it though.

Wolf72

Explorer
I wonder what the overall changes to armor are ... from that preview I see that there seems to be very little change to medium and light armor.

does heavy armor give DR? or is that property of adamantine?

they did mention that elven chain counts as light armor (or was that treated as? )

Remove ads