D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Clerics - Mass Cure?

youspoonybard

First Post
Heh.

I plan on calling my injured comrades over next to me after my first battle, curing myself, and wondering why they don't get healed afterwards.

"Hmmm...that always works for me and Fenna (my Horse companion)..."

On a similar note, if you, say, try the same trick with Mass Bull's Strength, would someone have to dispel the spell twice?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Archade said:
Won't these be great spells to harm undead with?

Oh, there are much better choices:

Mass Heal - which really harms the undead. Targets any number of creatures as long as none are more than 30 ft apart (so practically an 30 foot diameter area with "selective fire"), heals 10 points of damage per level, max 250. Undead get damage from that, as usual, and then have a will save for half damage. This means that a 20th-level cleric can do a guaranteed 100 points of damage to a lot of undead (and at the same time heal 200 points to her allies next to these undead). And if some undead fail that save, it's 200 points of damage. The spell won't destroy any undead (won't reduce them below 1 hp), but after that, most will have no more than 1hp (let the whirlwind attacks and great cleaves begin! Or, use a mass cure light wounds next round...)

Note that you could increase your caster level past 20 with stuff like spell power and get even more out of it (because the cap is 250 points, not 200, or 150 like heal)

Or that nice Clr5 spell Disrupting Weapon: You enspell a melee weapon for 1 round/level, so that every undeas with as much HD as your caster level (or less HD) will have to make a save each time it is hit. Failure means destruction (they don't get SR).

Remove ads