D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Do Divine Power and Righteous Might Stack?

Aluvial

Explorer
Basically do these spells stack? Divine Power is on p 224 and R. Might is on p 273

If only partially, which effects are the same?

What about tossing in a Bull's Strength, what would that do to the mix?

Thanks

Aluvial

Garmorn

Explorer
Yes, because Divine Power is an enhancement bonus and Rightous Might is a size bonus these two will stack.

Bull strenght will not stack with Divine Power because it is also an enhancement bonus but will stack with Rightous Might.

Darklone

Divine Power
Evocation
Level: Clr 4, War 4
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Calling upon the divine power of your patron, you imbue yourself with strength and skill in combat. Your base attack bonus becomes equal to your character level (which may give you additional attacks), you gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, and you gain 1 temporary hit point per caster level.

Righteous Might
Transmutation
Level: Clr 5, Strength 5
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Your height immediately doubles, and your weight increases by a factor of eight. This increase changes your size category to the next larger one, and you gain a +8 size bonus to Strength and a +4 size bonus to Constitution. You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to your natural armor. You gain damage reduction 5/evil (if you normally channel positive energy) or damage reduction 5/good (if you normally channel negative energy). At 12th level this damage reduction becomes 10/evil or 10/good, and at 15th level it becomes 15/evil or 15/good (the maximum). Your size modifier for AC and attacks changes as appropriate to your new size category. This spell doesn’t change your speed. Determine space and reach as appropriate to your new size.
If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, you attain the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using your increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If you fail, you are constrained without harm by the materials enclosing you— the spell cannot crush you by increasing your size.
All equipment you wear or carry is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee and projectile weapons deal more damage. Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves your possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) instantly returns to its normal size. This means that thrown weapons deal their normal damage (projectiles deal damage based on the size of the weapon that fired them).
Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.
Different bonuses stack. Bulls strenght wouldn't stack with another strenght enhancement.

Aluvial

Explorer
Thanks....

Ouch, a +14 on Strength.... Wicked.

Now, what about the Hit Points?

Divine Power gives a unnamed +1 per caster level. Righteous Might gives an size to Constitution. Do these stack? Would you assume that the Divine Power is also an enhancement?

Aluvial

Last edited:

AGGEMAM

First Post
Aluvial said:
Ouch, a +10 on Strength.... Wicked.

You mean +14, right? (Edit: Yup, that you did.)

Divine Power gives a unnamed +1 per caster level. Righteous Might gives an enhancement to Constitution. Do these stack? Would you assume that the Divine Power is also an enhancement?

Yes, these stack. Why would they? They aren't even different types of bonuses, they're different effects entirely.

No. Divine Power stacks with (some animals) endurance.

Last edited:

Aluvial

Explorer
AGGEMAM said:

You mean +14, right?

Yes, these stack. Why would they? They aren't even different types of bonuses, they're different effects entirely.

You caught me before I could edit.... :)

Aluvial

AGGEMAM

First Post
Aluvial said:

You caught me before I could edit.... :)

You edited a lot. So I edit my reply, too. :D

EDIT: Btw, if you want something that stacks on top of the Divine Power - Righteous Might - Endurance combo, get Divine Favor too.

Last edited:

Aluvial

Explorer
AGGEMAM said:

No. Divine Power stacks with (some animals) endurance.

What type of bonus is the temporary hps then?

Is is just a temporary bonus instead of the enhancement bonus?

Aluvial Nice edit on the edit... :)

AGGEMAM

First Post
Aluvial said:
What type of bonus is the temporary hps then?

They are just temporary hps.

EDIT: found the SRD quote I was looking for.

TEMPORARY HIT POINTS
Certain effects give a character temporary hit points. When a character gains temporary hit points, note his current hit point total. When the temporary hit points go away the character’s hit points drop to his current hit point total. If the character’s hit points are below his current hit point total at that time, all the temporary hit points have already been lost and the character’s hit point total does not drop further.
When temporary hit points are lost, they cannot be restored as real hit points can be, even by magic.
Increases in Constitution Score and Current Hit Points: An increase in a character’s Constitution score, even a temporary one, can give her more hit points (an effective hit point increase), but these are not temporary hit points. They can be restored and they are not lost first as temporary hit points are.

Last edited:

Remove ads