• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Marilith Writeup

Kirowan

First Post
I think the Full Attack entry for the Marilith Demon on page 44 is wrong. Will someone check my work before I send it in as errata?

She has a BAB of +16 and a Str bonus of +9. The entry says that if she uses a large longsword in her primary hand she attacks with a bonus of +25/+20/+15/+10 and if she uses large longswords in her other five hands she attacks with each of them once with a +25. This is wrong.

Her BAB is +16 with a +9 Str bonus. That gives us a +25 bonus -1 for size which gives us +24. She has a weapon focus with the longsword which brings us back up to +25. This is the number the original entry used. However, she's using more than one weapon at a time. She has the multiweapon fighting feat and is not using light weapons. Her primary longsword attack and off-hand longsword attacks should have a -4 penalty. Basically, her entry should be...

Primary longsword +21/+16/+11/+6 and 5 longswords +21

What do you guys think?

Nick

sithramir

First Post
Hello Kirowin. I attend PSU at state college. My name is Nick.

Anyways. Your numbers seem correct to me. Have you checked the compile eratta's? If not you should and if its not there perhaps put it in as a suggestion.

Zerth

First Post
Kirowan said:
She has a BAB of +16 and a Str bonus of +9. The entry says that if she uses a large longsword in her primary hand she attacks with a bonus of +25/+20/+15/+10 and if she uses large longswords in her other five hands she attacks with each of them once with a +25. This is wrong.

Her BAB is +16 with a +9 Str bonus. That gives us a +25 bonus -1 for size which gives us +24. She has a weapon focus with the longsword which brings us back up to +25. This is the number the original entry used. However, she's using more than one weapon at a time. She has the multiweapon fighting feat and is not using light weapons. Her primary longsword attack and off-hand longsword attacks should have a -4 penalty. Basically, her entry should be...

Primary longsword +21/+16/+11/+6 and 5 longswords +21

What do you guys think?

You have the rules part correct, but it seems like the marilith is a special case. On page 45 under "Feats" there's some extra clarification: In combination with its natural abilities, a marilith's Multiweapon Fighting feat allows it to attack with all its arms at no penalty."

Mariliths are mean. They play by their own rules :D

Nail

First Post
Re: Re: [3.5] Marilith Writeup

Zerth said:
Mariliths ...(snip).... play by their own rules :D

Gees....does that tee me off. Exceptions of this sort are unnecessary and confusing. Grrrrrr.............

Remove ads