• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Modern D&D

Sekhmet

First Post
For my next campaign, I want to the setting to be on Earth in 2012.
I was going to start it in subsaharan Africa, and let them move from place to place on the planet.

My main concern is coming up with classes and ideas that work in a modern setting. I'll need a group of base classes, with a few prestige classes that are good, but not necessary options.
If you guys could shoot me some ideas, I'd appreciate that.

I'm working on Infantry, Scientist, and Thief classes right now, with specialties among them as PrCs (SEAL, Blackwater, Biomedical, Mechanical Engineer, Counterfeiters, and Smugglers, to name a few).
What can I use to flesh out the base classes to maybe 5-10?

Sekhmet

First Post
Just had a pretty good idea for another base class, a Survivalist. He'd be the modern-day Ranger, finding food and shelter in harsh environments (which there will be a lot of). His PrCs could include a Mountain Man/seclusionist idea, or a Wildlife/Forest Reservist. He could even have a small animal companion.

Sekhmet

First Post
[MENTION=7006]DEFCON 1[/MENTION] I have, indeed. I wanted to use the system that my group was familiar with, without having to shock them by pulling out unfamiliar source books. However, just the classes and ideas presented are definitely something I'm going to look at, now that you mention.

Remove ads