D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Redirecting Spells and Concentration DC Question?

Aluvial

Explorer
I see under the Concentration description that it requires a Concen. check for redirecting a spell, such as Spiratual Weapon to a new target.

I can't seem to find in the rules what the DC is for doing so.

Can someone explain and post the new page where they deduced the answer/information please?

Aluvial

Aluvial

Explorer
Ok, bump...

On page 69, bottom right column, is says, "Such actions include... directing a spell (such as spiritual weapon)..."

Page 170 explains Concentration but no mention of directing spells...

Can someone help?

Aluvial

kreynolds

First Post
Aluvial said:
I see under the Concentration description that it requires a Concen. check for redirecting a spell, such as Spiratual Weapon to a new target.

You only need to make a concentration check if you are distracted while directing a spiritual weapon spell. If you aren't distracted, there's no check. If you _are_ distracted, the table provides the DCs you need.

Aluvial

Explorer
Re: Re: [3.5] Redirecting Spells and Concentration DC Question?

kreynolds said:

You only need to make a concentration check if you are distracted while directing a spiritual weapon spell. If you aren't distracted, there's no check. If you _are_ distracted, the table provides the DCs you need.

Ok, then does redirecting a spell provoke an AoO?

Otherwise, why else would you be distracted except for extreme weather/rough transportation?

Aluvial

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [3.5] Redirecting Spells and Concentration DC Question?

Aluvial said:
Ok, then does redirecting a spell provoke an AoO?

If it requires Concentration, yes. See page 306 of the PH. Note that spiritual weapon does not have the concentration descriptor (implosion does).

Last edited:

Remove ads