D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Shield Expert = Improved Shield Bash?

Acmite

First Post
In the conversion document on the Wizards site, it mentions that Shield Expert is now called Improved Shield Bash.

Does anyone know what happened to Improved Shield bash?

I have a character with both feats, so it'd be nice to know. I haven't had a chance to pick up the new books yet.

UrathDM

First Post
That depends

That depends on where the other 'Improved Shield Bash' came from.

If it is from another publisher, nothing "happened to it", there are just 2 different feats with the same name. One is core, the other is not.

If it is from another WotC product not covered in the Update Guide (I don't recognize it), it is presumably "displaced" ... it may need to be re-named, or otherwise adjusted, to fit in with the renamed "Shield Expert".

You or your DM must make a judgment call on how to handle it. If the mechanics are the same, it is nothing to worry about. If they are very similar, I'd suggest using the new Core one in place of the old -- but you or your DM may decide differently.

Remathilis

Legend
Improved Sunder had the same effect happen to it.

My gee-whiz bang quick fix:

Name the DotF Imp Shield Bash Shield Charge. Name the Shield Charge Feat Improve Shield Charge

Name the SnF Improved Sunder Greater Sunder

I'm working on a 3.5 Splatbook Guide, mostly spells, feats and PrCs for now. Anyone interested in helping/checking it out feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

Remove ads