• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 "Splat Book" updates

Staffan

Legend
A'koss said:
The Complete X books are essentially Splatbooks +. The Complete Warrior will contain updated PrCs from Sword and Fist, a few new classes, feats, a few spells, equipment, new combat tactics and so on. There will be a fair bit of carryover from S&F.
Do you still have inside info on that (like before 3e's release when you were a playtester), or are you just guessing? Because from the looks of it, I would guess that a closer analogy to the Complete Warrior would be Player's Option: Combat & Tactics.

That still paves the way for a spellcaster book later on though. I just hope they won't remake Skills & Powers.

A'koss

Explorer
I have my sources... :D

The book has a little C&T flavor, the Miniatures Handbook more so, but the real "Player's Option" book will be Unearthed Arcana, coming out in February next year. That book will have variations on the core classes, "generic" classes, prestige versions of the paladin, ranger and bard, new spellcasting systems & modular additions to spellcasting, alternate damage systems, damage absorbing armor, class-based AC bonuses and so on.

A'koss.

Remove ads