D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Wyvern advancement

Istyrean

First Post
My barbarian's wyvern mount just got an extra HD, wich makes him huge sized. And with the help of the 3.5 SRDs I have just about completed his advancement except for one thing. I cant seem to find what happens to his movement.

I assume that now my wyvern is huge he will also move/fly faster and perhaps get a reduced maneuverability, but I cant find anything about this. Can someone please tell me where I can find anything about this?

Wippit Guud

First Post
If you look at the true dragons, all of them retain the same fly speed and maneuverablity when they hit the point they increase in size from large to huge. It's probably safe to assume that the same would hold for wyverns.

Istyrean

First Post
Aye, that sounds reasonable.

I just think it is rather strange that a 15Ft long creature has only got a 20Ft movement (land speed).

Wippit Guud

First Post
heh, I never thought to look at land speed, so...

Dragons never increase land speed at all. So medium-size red dragon wyrmling and colossal-size red dragon lord of making things burn both move at a mere 40 ft on the ground.

SweeneyTodd

First Post
One possible rationale: an older dragon isn't going to deign to walk around much unless they have to (preferring to fly), so they don't exactly practice their jogging :)

Remove ads