• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldymnor

First Post
Agh, they're gone now... well the new thread is "Planescape Art.." and that's what I was commenting on.

Way to make me look crazy!

Ashy

First Post
Jesse, I'd make one thread and stick all the art on it! ;)

Best o' luck - talk to you soon!

alsih2o

First Post
minimalism....not seen nearly enough in rpg art.

bold, yet somehow expressive in its repition of simple symbols, unified in such a way as to avoid the actual implication of a shape. it leaves one to wonder if the artist lacks a commentary or refuses to share that commentary and uses this tactic succesfully to leave the viewer wanting.

while breaching the cold surface of singularity with a laymans sense of repugnance towards the unique or beautiful it sounds out against the uniformity of the proletariat gestalt with out any need for ostentatious surface tones or leading gestures.

overall one is left with a zenlike sense of the "perfect brushstroke". it is an image that will repeatedly be viewed for its simplicity, but will hold the longterm interest of those with the insight and patience to revel in its depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads