D&D 3E/3.5 3E Full Plate of Speed = +3 / 3.5E Full Plate of Speed = +??

reveal

Adventurer
In Defenders of Faith, it has Full Plate of Speed listed as a price of a +3 bonus. Basically, the user gets a +4 to AC and an extra partial action in combat as if they were permanently Hasted.

Since Haste has changed in 3.5e, gotten better IMHO, do you think it should still be a +3 bonus or should it cost more? I think it should be a +4 bonus for costs.

Aaron L

Hero
I think it shouldn't exist. Whoever made the property was on crack. Look for the Mithril Full Plate of Speed in the DMG for it's replacement.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Since Haste has changed in 3.5e, gotten better IMHO...

... you what?

Aside from the multi-target aspect, which obviously doesn't apply to a worn item... what on earth do you consider to be better about 3.5 Haste necessitating a higher price?

(DotF's Armor of Speed was ludicrous, but that's beside the point.)

-Hyp.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm with Hyp on this one.

3.0 Armour of Speed was insane. For a +3 cost you got a +4 armour bonus (anyone spot the really stupid part of that?) AND an extra partial action every round. :confused:

Now, it's covered in the DMG, as mentioned.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Wasn't it errataed to a +2 bonus that gave 10 rounds of haste per day?

Not so much errata'd, as in the DotF FAQ they said "Armor of Speed works like Boots of Speed".

Nothing to say "The text it wrong, it should read like this".

Which annoys me. In the Main FAQ, when they changed the Shield spell, they said "The text of the spell is in error". Which is fine. But to state something in the FAQ that contradicts the text of the book without stating that the text is incorrect just leads to jurisdictional disputes.

Like the activation time for Divine Might. When they don't acknowledge that what they are saying is in direct opposition to the book, it makes it look as though they aren't looking at the book when they write their FAQ answer, which hurts the credibility of the answer they give.

-Hyp.

Someone

Adventurer
Tallarn said:
I'm with Hyp on this one.

3.0 Armour of Speed was insane. For a +3 cost you got a +4 armour bonus (anyone spot the really stupid part of that?) AND an extra partial action every round. :confused:

The funny part is that the spanish version of DotF also has an errata; it says that the Speed quality is worth a +1 :eek:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Someone said:

The funny part is that the spanish version of DotF also has an errata; it says that the Speed quality is worth a +1 :eek:

No wonder the Spainish Armada sank - it was crewed by people permanantly on a haste effect! Imagine being speeded up like that continuously - who needs illegal substances in D&D? :D

Remove ads