D&D 4E 4e Chaos Scar

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm thinking about running the old Chaos Scar adventure series......does anyone have access to the free stuff that was on the old D&D site? I am also missing one of the dungeon mags somehow (lost some backups a few years ago), but I guess I can pay for that......

I'm looking for any maps, or anything that was on the site (I am pretty sure there was a description/pages about the area on the site).

thanks

PS, if anyone ran any of this, let me know what was good/bad, thanks.

PPS, yes, I'm going to run 5E.....

Nerditorium

First Post
I have heard a little about it over the years but I skipped 4th edition due to personal taste, not because of anything edition wars related.

Sounds intriguing. What is it about?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
A meteor fell back in the day, creating a scar in the land. Lots of bad things happened around there, so it was walled off. It's a sandbox type adventure.

Interestingly, the fiction book I have drafted has meteors falling, but very different outcome than this. Hopefully by year end it will be ready to publish.

I think most of that was done under the banner of DDI, so you need to get access to those magazines.
The 4e forums here might have some posters with better ideas of how to access that old content: what links still work and where to find archives.

dave2008

Legend
I believe I have most of the Chaos Scar stuff that was in digital version Dungeon. But I am not 100% sure. I only ran one adventure (modified for my home campaign) if I recall correctly. It was fun. Feel free to PM me.

dave2008

Legend
Here is what I believe is available (from http://www.neuronphaser.com/dungeons-dragons-4e-resources-for-the-chaos-scar-adventure-path/):

Adventure

Number
Level
Dungeon Issue

Stick in the Mud

1A
Den of the Slavetakers1B0 - 1171
The Brothers Gray1C1171
Death in the Pincers1D1 - 2 172
The Tainted Spiral1E1 - 3173
A Chance Encounter1G1174
Eyes in the Forest1H1177
Elves of the Valley 1I1 - 4178

The Lost Library

1F
4-Feb
Sliver's Call2A2 - 4174
Glass-Spire Forest Shire2B2 - 5175
Dead by Dawn2C2 - 4+176
The Hammer Falls2D2 - 3179
The Crossroads-2 - 3176
Down the Goblin Hole-2 - 4180

The Crawling Fane

3A
5-Mar
The Splintered Spring 3B6-Mar179
Wayward Wyrmling-5-Mar182

Glowstone Caverns

4A
5-Apr
The Pillar of Eyes-6-Apr180
Vanguard Tower-5-Apr182

The Slaver's Stone

-
8-May
Scarred for Life-5 - 9+192

The Radiant Mourn

-
10-Jun
Rumble in the Valley-10-Jun193

Head in the Clouds

-
10-Jul
Scarblade-9-Jul189
Reflections of Ruin-10-Jul196

The Runecutter's Ruin

-
14-Aug
Pit of Delirium-11-Aug190

Heart of the Scar

-
11-Sep

I will have to check and see if I have them all. Of course I found another list that differed from this one, so I am not 100% sure on the complete list.

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hey, that was one of the sites that made me want to run it!

I have most of hte dungeon mags, I'm really interested in what was on the wizards site that is gone......I'll PM you. thanks

Unwise

Adventurer
I ran a level 1-10 adventure in the Chaos Scar, it was great. I think I have most of those adventure PDFs on my old PC. Just PM me if you need some.

Remove ads