5E D&D in San Rafael, CA

scholz

First Post
I am new to the area and looking to run sandbox/West Marches style D&D 5th Edition game set in an original world at Gamescape North in San Rafael, Monday Nights.

BEYOND THE WALL

Background:The fortress-town of Respite lies at the northern tip of an ancient and ruined city of vast proportions. Once the wealthy capital of a vast empire, the city has long since fallen to ruin and been overgrown by the wild, and taken over by dark forces. In their daily struggle for survival, the people of Respite eke out an living behind the thick walls of the fortress, few venture out beyond those walls, fewer still return to speak of it. Those that do tell of great dangers, and great treasures, relics of the city’s past.
Characters will explore the ruins of an ancient city; seeking fortune and glory. Each week there will be a sign up sheet (preferably online) with preference given to new players. Once the limit (5-6 players) is reached the game is set. If at least 3 players can commit, I will run the game, and walk-ins will be allowed to join.

This game is intended to be..

Self Directed – player consensus decides what the mission is before each session. I’ll provide a few hooks, you decide where you want to go, what you want to do, and (importantly) WHY your character is willing to risk life and limb to venture beyond the wall .

Self Contained – To the degree possible, each session has a start and finish in Respite. The goal is that each session can have different players. Indeed players not in the previous session will have preference.

Dispassionate – the world has dangers, some of which are appropriate challenges for your characters, others easy pickings, others near certain death. Do not assume because it is there, that you can kill it.

Open to all, though some content might be PG-13. No knowledge of D&D is necessary, though it might be helpful. You can bring in a first level character (27 point buy with quick start equipment), show up one hour early to generate one on site, or I will provide Pre-Generated characters. Please reply/comment if you think you might be interested.

PM me if interested

Last edited:

Remove ads