D&D 5E A new, old-school, high fantasy setting for 5E is coming soon: the Chronicles of Aeres

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
Thanks for helping us reach our Kickstarter goals. If you're just now seeing this thread, feel free to check us out on Youtube, where we have a short trailer and a handful of videos about the setting:

The Chronicles of Aeres is a classical high fantasy setting brimming with nostalgia for the golden age of fantasy. We're not OSR, but we have a lot in common. Aeres is an almost Tolkien-esque world, mythological, folkloric, compact, and travelable, but with a ton of influences from Dragonlance to the Secret of NIMH. It's a bit slimmer than your average kitchen sink setting: the gods, races, monsters, and heroes all share a common story thread.

We have new classes to explore, tons of new race options with heroic feats and abilities, and a fully fleshed out world map with lots of story hooks (plus a few pre-made adventures are in the works.)

We also have a free preview up on DriveThruRPG if you want to take a look at a draft of the layout and gameplay elements: The Chronicles of Aeres Preview: The Witch Class - Dueling Dragon Adventures | DriveThruRPG.com Some of you might have even downloaded it already.

Last edited:

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
A piece of artwork for ya'll. One part Skeksis, one part Draconian, one part Ridley, the twisted Draconvir are monstrous shock troopers of a Dark Emperor. A version of them will be a playable race as well!
draconvir.jpg

Quartz

Hero
I've just watched your trailer. You might want to think of some more original names. 'The Tombspire' and 'the Shattered Fields' do not inspire confidence.

Good luck.

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
I've just watched your trailer. You might want to think of some more original names. 'The Tombspire' and 'the Shattered Fields' do not inspire confidence.

Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. Some of my names are intentionally stereotypical. "The Tomb of Horrors" and "The Isle of Dread" weren't exactly electrifying names, even in their times.

So, do these areas inspire confidence that you're going to get a complex Malazan-like experience by visiting them? No... but they do sound like areas one might explore in 1st or 2nd edition, which is the intent.

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
A new piece of art for you guys, from Tyler Vail. Normal dragons in our setting are extraordinarily rare, and some adventurers spend years looking for their treasure hoards, only to come up empty-handed. One day, some poor fool's going to get lucky.
1609854494537.png

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Thanks for the feedback. Some of my names are intentionally stereotypical. "The Tomb of Horrors" and "The Isle of Dread" weren't exactly electrifying names, even in their times.

So, do these areas inspire confidence that you're going to get a complex Malazan-like experience by visiting them? No... but they do sound like areas one might explore in 1st or 2nd edition, which is the intent.

My two cents, I would ignore that criticism. It wasn't particularly constructive, and personally I like the names; in D&D a lot of players like exploring places, ESPECIALLY when they have ridiculous names. Normal D&D is like this; if you look at the Doomvault, it's stuffed with extravagant names!

Your setting won't please every type of player, so lean into the target group you want to appeal to :) .

Remove ads