A weird pop-up add

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
This add keeps popping up for me. It appears in a manner as if it were an extra layer on the webpage. I'll be in the process of clicking something on EN World, and the address for the add appears for a second, and then it loads this, instead of what I was trying to do:

http://server.gameads.com/click2.cfm?il=1194,1619,1082&ilh=FB9F775EB1ED31B0DA436E24393DACC2&r=55094

I have pop-ups blocked on Opera, so it shouldn't even appear like that, but it does.

It's an add for DragonSaga, which I sometimes see as a normal EN World sponsor add on the right.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We defiitely don't have any pop-up ads. They're an abomination.

Perhaps you may have some malware or somesuch? Have you done a scan?

fba827

Adventurer
i have never noticed a popup from enworld.

(and, no, i don't have popups turned off on this computer since i need them enabled for a whole lot of work-related java script popups during certain projects).

i do hate to say this, but if you have something in the url and it changes on it's own, it might be some sort of malware or something has changed/affected your registry to make you have autoredirects. you might, just out of curiosity without actually changing anything, open up your registry (presuming you're on a windows machine) and search for 'gameads' (the domain part before .com). again, don't actually change anything in there unless you know what you're doing-- it's not a place to 'experiment' -- just see if something shows up.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I updated to the latest version of Opera, and haven't been experiencing it now. No idea what was causing it.

Remove ads