Abberant?

Breakstone

First Post
What is this game known as Abberant? Did I spell it right?

The writer of "8-Bit Theatre" plays this game, and has a blast doing so.

What is it?

Wolf72

Explorer
it's a game by whitewolf ... instead of werewolves or vampires you get to play superhero type characters.

never played it but have read thru the main book. I thought it was pretty fun looking.

note: it is not set in the World of Darkness (not all doom and gloom)

Oni

First Post
I've played, I think its a great game. The setting it has is decent, and I think it has lots of potential beyond that with only some minor tweaks.

Crothian

First Post
Like most WW games I really like the game, but don't like the setting. I played for a few months till the guy riunning it left the state. IT was fun.

gnfnrf

First Post
Aberrant is a roleplaying game from White Wolf. The setting combines near future corporate/government conspiracy with superhero ideas, and is set in the same timeline as Trinity (formerly Aeon), though much closer to the present day.

The setup is that a serious accident on an orbiting satellite in 1998 caused the earth's population to be exposed to weird radiation. This caused a small fraction of people to exhibit quantum driven superpowers. These people, called novas, are changing the world.

Aberrant tries to avoid superhero/supervillian cliches, so most novas are employed by government or corporation. It also includes Taint, a factor by which novas become Aberrants (the "bad guys" from Trinity).

The game mechanics of Aberrant are modified White-wolf. All the powers use the same Quantum Pool mechanic, but the list of powers is long and broad in scope, and includes the intriguing Super Ability score mechanic.

Overall, the game is well written to play a certain kind of superhero game, but should not be used for generic supers games. The setting is what is truly worthwhile about the book.

--
gnfnrf

Remove ads