• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Activate Search w00+ GO!!!!

Luna_Silvertear

First Post
Hello Meta forum. Could someone please inform me as to why I cannot search the forums or view my past posts? It brings me to a page that informs me that i am not authroized to do this action or something like that.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Hello Meta forum. Could someone please inform me as to why I cannot search the forums or view my past posts? It brings me to a page that informs me that i am not authroized to do this action or something like that.

You have to be a Community Supporter to use the search function. It's $3/month. Of course you get lots of other stuff with a CS account too.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hiya, Luna. It's linked to search, which you gain access to for a $3/month community supporter account. It's how the website is funded. The green "subscribe" graphical button has details. You can also fake it with google, if that's easier for you.

cnehren

First Post
I seem to have a related problem. I just paid the subscription (after Paypal decided to randomly deactivate my account for no reason and I fixed that...) and the site is still not letting me search. Should I have received an email? I never got one. I'm *positive* I never got one; I run my own email server (which has received 12k messages, so I know it works) and am watching the logs. It seems my subscription is in an intermediate state. I can't access search, and I still see ads, but I can access subscriber content.

And my apologies if this is addressed elsewhere; being that I can't search I can't see that. Would like to help myself but, well...

I did some more diagnostics. I changed my email address on my account to a gmail address, then back to my present email. The forum sends an email on both cases. I looked at my log and found this entry:

Feb 20 02:33:19 isuckatdomains postfix/smtpd[10896]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[68.68.204.20]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [68.68.204.20]; from=<nobody[MENTION=10881]ENWorld[/MENTION].org> to=<apeiron+enworld@isuckatdomains.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<www.enworld.org>

Let's disregard your mail server misconfiguration for a moment. There are no prior entries for www.enworld.org in the log for the past month+, so I'm not missing any email to activate a subscription account. This suggests there's something (more than one thing, but I'll get to that in a minute) broken on the enworld side of things if I've paid but can't access subscriber features. I don't quite know what the issue is, as the payment in PayPal shows as complete.

Now, on to the issue of the broken mail server. The issue here is that the IP address (68.68.204.20) from which your machine connects to mine is trying to identify itself as enworld.org. But the reverse DNS doesn't match: the PTR record given by NS1.TIER3COMMUNICATIONS.COM is guest10.cyberstreet.com, and thus my mail server rejects the message. This is a tactic frequently employed by spammers to pretend to be e.g. chase.com or paypal.com, so I configured my server to reject such messages. If you could correct either your reverse DNS or the HELO command issued by your mail software, that would resolve the issue.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I seem to have a related problem. I just paid the subscription (after Paypal decided to randomly deactivate my account for no reason and I fixed that...) and the site is still not letting me search. Should I have received an email? I never got one. I'm *positive* I never got one; I run my own email server (which has received 12k messages, so I know it works) and am watching the logs. It seems my subscription is in an intermediate state. I can't access search, and I still see ads, but I can access subscriber content.

And my apologies if this is addressed elsewhere; being that I can't search I can't see that. Would like to help myself but, well...

I did some more diagnostics. I changed my email address on my account to a gmail address, then back to my present email. The forum sends an email on both cases. I looked at my log and found this entry:

Feb 20 02:33:19 isuckatdomains postfix/smtpd[10896]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[68.68.204.20]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [68.68.204.20]; from=<nobody @ENWorld .org> to=<apeiron+enworld@isuckatdomains.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<www.enworld.org>

Let's disregard your mail server misconfiguration for a moment. There are no prior entries for www.enworld.org in the log for the past month+, so I'm not missing any email to activate a subscription account. This suggests there's something (more than one thing, but I'll get to that in a minute) broken on the enworld side of things if I've paid but can't access subscriber features. I don't quite know what the issue is, as the payment in PayPal shows as complete.

Now, on to the issue of the broken mail server. The issue here is that the IP address (68.68.204.20) from which your machine connects to mine is trying to identify itself as enworld.org. But the reverse DNS doesn't match: the PTR record given by NS1.TIER3COMMUNICATIONS.COM is guest10.cyberstreet.com, and thus my mail server rejects the message. This is a tactic frequently employed by spammers to pretend to be e.g. chase.com or paypal.com, so I configured my server to reject such messages. If you could correct either your reverse DNS or the HELO command issued by your mail software, that would resolve the issue.

Yes, you never confirmed your email address (presumably because you never received the confirmation email). I have done it manually for you. I'll trust you that the email address is valid. :)

cnehren

First Post
Yes, you never confirmed your email address (presumably because you never received the confirmation email). I have done it manually for you. I'll trust you that the email address is valid. :)

Very cool, thank you. Now that you mention it, I do recall missing that email when it was sent.

Remove ads