"All the best stories start with 'We were out drinking one night.'"

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Is this true? Hit us with your best drunk story.

They don't have to be wild and crazy. Mine isn't, it's a nice adventure and meet cute.
We were out drinking one night at DragonCon when we met a group of women. There were 3 of us, and there were 3 of them. They were out of towners in town for a girls weekend. They had no clue what the convention was. After a few more drinks we took them on a tour of the convention hotels. They got a chance to see cosplayers and celebrities. We got a chance to look like we knew what we were doing and talking about. At one point we got in a glass elevator. One of them was afraid of heights, she turned and buried her face in my arm and I held onto her until we were ready to leave the elevator. We had a great time getting to know them and showing them around. 15 years later it's still one of my fondest memories from Dragoncon.

aco175

Legend
I was going to quote the late George Carlin, but thought this Army story would be better. We were having some training in Scotland for a few weeks and then went to England to have a few days off in London. Apparently the 'high and tight' haircut we all had was something prisoners have at the time in England so a few hundred convict, skinhead-looking men are all walking the streets looking for some fun and drink. We had a group of 8-10 and we meet another group of 8-10 outside this club that appears to be a great place with music and dancing and such.

The giant bouncer who was from America would not let us in. He kept saying it was not a place for us. Turns out it was a bar for the LGBT community and he though we would start a fight. To be honest, a few of the others in my group likely would have, but the place he pointed out for us to go was full of convict, skinheads where I though we would get into a fight. Turns out though once they found out we were American, all was good and I also seem to recall the air base we were stating at served food all night for the pilots. Still likely not better than the Waffle House outside the main gates of the base in Savannah Georga.

Remove ads