D&D 5E An Ode to the Iron Lich (and what to do next - culminating Paragon?)

Mercurius

Legend
This thread serves two purposes (purpi?):

One, to give a "shout out" to Save Versus Death for their excellent Revenge of the Iron Lich. We started this a couple nights ago and it is a blast. I adjusted it slightly to make it not-so-deadly (but-still-very-deadly, but I'll leave that aside for now). This has been hailed as the 4th edition successor to the classic 1st edition Tomb of Horrors, and I can say that I agree - it has a great blend of traps, puzzles, mysteries, and nasty monsters. Can't wait to continue in a couple weeks.

That said, I'm tentatively planning a new campaign but first want to round out this group of Paragon PCs with a grand finale after the Iron Lich. They're 17th level now and will be 18th level if they survive this adventure - I'd love to send them on a dragon-slaying quest, or something equally iconically monumental to get them into Epic tier and then retire them (at least for awhile). I'd like to save my planning time for the new campaign, probably to start late in the summer, so would like to run a pre-published adventure.

The campaign we've been running is rather disjointed and episodic, with no real underlying mega-plot, so the final adventure doesn't have to fit into any specific mold.

Any suggestions? The main criteria is that it can't suck relative to the Iron Lich, which might be a tall order to fulfill. I would like it to have a sense of mystery and magic, include some kind of mega-opponent, possibly an elder or even an ancient dragon or demon lord if it extends into Epic tier.

In short, I'm looking for adventure options for the 18-22 range. Thanks!

Remove ads