• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel DVD box set for the US?

Gumby

First Post
I've just started to get into watching Buffy, and have the first two seasons in DVD box format. I was never a big fan of Angel, finding David Boreanaz somewhat wooden and dull in Buffy. However, I recently took a look at the first episode of his spin-off, and it seemed pretty good. Any word on whether a DVD box set of the first season will be coming out in the US? I'm aware there was a VHS version, but I believe that's OOP (or maybe only ever released in the UK).

Oh, and is the third season of Buffy really scheduled for release in Winter of 2003? That seems like quite a long time to wait. :eek:

Staffan

Legend
I don't have any hard info, but a good guess is that the first season of Angel would be released at about the same time as the fourth season of Buffy. After all, they were aired at the same time.

Or maybe it will take even longer, in order for Angel to go into syndication the way Buffy has done before starting on the DVDs.

BadMojo

First Post
Gumby said:
Oh, and is the third season of Buffy really scheduled for release in Winter of 2003? That seems like quite a long time to wait. :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, I think the 3rd Season of Buffy will be released January/February of 2003, so it's really not *that* far off.

Welverin

First Post
Re: Re: Angel DVD box set for the US?

BadMojo said:
If I'm not mistaken, I think the 3rd Season of Buffy will be released January/February of 2003, so it's really not *that* far off.

That also happens to be winter, funny how these things work out, eh?

Crothian

First Post
Well, Season 2 was advertised as Summer 2002, but actually came out early June which is technically Spring. So, I'm hoping for a December release on Season 3.

Gumby

First Post
Re: Re: Angel DVD box set for the US?

BadMojo said:

Ah, THAT winter of 2003. The way it was originally described to me made it seem like it was coming at the end of 2003. Yeah, that's perfectly acceptable.

You HEAR ME? THAT'S ACCEPTABLE, 20TH CENTURY FOX OR WHOEVER. YOU CAN SAFELY BREATHE NOW.

Remove ads