Animagus versus Transform [Animal]

Bansidhe

First Post
I'm working on an NPC for a game that I am running. This is going to be a cohort character for the PCs to assist them. I was reading through the rules and trying to think of the style of character that I wanted to go with.

When I read Animagus I could see the character changing into cat form. As I continued to think about it, and what feats and such I would be interested in, I decided to go and see why I should take Animagus over the Transform spell list.

As far as I could see Animagus would basically waste my boon compared to selecting Transform [Animal]. I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. Transform [Animal] can use the same MP cost as Animagus does and give a lot more options to.

Thanks for any responses.
Bansidhe

Good point. It's been a while since I've looked at that ability. My intention was to make it cheaper to transform into that particular animal. Right now the only real benefit is if you aren't planning to take Transform Animal, or if you don't want to waste a signature spell to be able to transform as a standard action.

I'd suggest you change it so Animagus allows you to change back and forth at will, with no MP cost. Afterall, becoming a cat isn't too powerful.

Remove ads