• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any news on EverQuest d20?

Jamko

First Post
Greatwyrm said:
I haven't seen or heard anything since the initial announcement. Can anybody in the know tell us whether the project is still on-time or share any other tidbits?

Amazon finally has listings for the Everquest Player's Handbook (July 2002), Everquest Gamemaster's Guide (November 2002), and Monsters of Norrath (August 2002). Unfortunately there's nothing there in the way of description, but it's nice to see that they're offering a solid discount on some pretty high cover prices.

I'll admit that I'm curious about this, even though I loathed the game when I played it. This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first totally OGL game, and I want to see how's that's going to work out, or if Sword & Sorcery Studio will simply hew as closely to the character creation and advancement mechanics of D&D as they can without crossing the invisible line of legality.

Their stuff's been good so far, though, so I have faith that Everquest will also be a solid release.

Voadam

Legend
Anybody know how the magic system will work or the xp system? same as in D&D? I have never played the CRPG, but they look like they could be good sourcebooks.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
It looks like there is an interview on EQd20 in the new Game Trade Magazine.

Anybody with a copy care to give a brief overview?

Remove ads