Armor

drowdude

First Post
Yeah it is kinda blah. But it is workable.

At any rate, my current campaign is rather low-magic and I have toying with the idea of adding degrees of quality to weapons. Depending on how much loot you shell out and on the skill of the craftsman you could potentially have a non-magical longsword that is +2 to hit, does 1d8+2 damage with a crit range of 18-20/x3.

I havent worked out all the details yet though... but soon maybe.

Victim

First Post
I think Masterpiece equipment also gave a bonus to reputation to characters carrying them in plain sight. Reputation is a stat that reflects how famous and well know a character is. It increases in level at varying rates for different classes, like saving throws.

Darklone

Armours...

Well... I don't agree with raising the stats for the armours...

Why would ringmail be better than chainshirt ? The ringmails I know are NOT light armours. (looks like you played DSA, eh?)

Brigandine is shown in the KoK setting book... medium armour with a +3 AC bonus. Yours is twice that amount.

For those wicked weapons... Since I rule usually without +1, +2, +3 weapons... It's no problem in my groups to have a nonmagical weapon that hits for +3 and makes +1 more damage or other combinations... DR problems are solved by different materials.

trentonjoe

Explorer
1. Very interesting thread- I espicallly like the part about Melbonian, Mithral, Masterwork Full plate. Very neat, not balanced. Should cost about the same as +6 enhancement.

2. DO you think we could make (or is there already) a chart that has all the sample armor templates ( I use template for lack of a better word)? The chitinous one is quite interesting, I think we should encourage these things.

Hopefully someone ( who communicates in English better than me) can figure out what I'm asking for.

drowdude

First Post
Re: Armours...

Darklone said:
Well... I don't agree with raising the stats for the armours...

I'm sure most people wont on general purpose, but that's why it's a house rule ;)

Darklone said:
Why would ringmail be better than chainshirt ? The ringmails I know are NOT light armours. (looks like you played DSA, eh?)

It isnt better really. Just depends on what you are looking for in your armor. The AC bonus is one better but it is heavier, and has a lower max dex, and has a worse ACP.

Although, I should prolly make the ASF 5% worse too....

Darklone said:
Brigandine is shown in the KoK setting book... medium armour with a +3 AC bonus. Yours is twice that amount.

Well you say tomata and all dat jazzz.... those stats are from Oriental Adventures which gives it a +4 armor bonus. Which was further modified by my house rule.

I dont have the Kalamar book *shrugs*

Darklone said:
For those wicked weapons... Since I rule usually without +1, +2, +3 weapons... It's no problem in my groups to have a nonmagical weapon that hits for +3 and makes +1 more damage or other combinations... DR problems are solved by different materials.

Kewl.

Last edited:

Remove ads